Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-21-2021, 04:04 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 View Post
Aenigma
Strange one, but i liked it.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
American gothic
Old 04-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Evil Dead

Tales from the Crypt was a good bit of seventies fun.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:47 PM
Evil Dead

1941 (1979). There are many good things about this Steven Speiberg film, like Special effects, John Williams score and an amazing cast. What sinks it-and very early on- is the absolutely putrid script by normally reliable Robert Zemekis, Bob Gale and John Milius. It appears that it was decided to make the whole film be like a Three Stooges Pie fight and I really can't recall a more noisy film...endless shouting, explosions, screaming, yelling, destruction, crashing, still more yelling. A few funny moments and I noticed some sight gags that were later used in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, USED CARS, Indiana Jones AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM ,as well as the opening right out of JAWS. But seriously, an ordeal to finish. *1/2
Old 04-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
American nightmare
Old 04-28-2021, 01:27 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Rewatched Body Snatchers last night. So good. Keeps you on the edge of your edge from the very first until very last minute. Genuine horror classic.
Which Body Snatchers did you watch?

Body Snatchers (1993)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
(would be the wrong forum, but there's The Body Snatcher '45 and Invasion of the Body Snatchers '56)

The 1993 version had a huge difference between Critic and Public appraisal as shown by RT 70% vs 39% respectively. Especially curious if you saw that one.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:01 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker

My fiance had never seen it before and thankfully was unaware of the ending. I remember first watching it when I was about 13, only saw the back end. Getting to vicariously experience a twist like that again is just so enjoyable. I can only imagine what it's like for people who get to show Star Wars to their kids.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-03-2021, 05:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post

My fiance had never seen it before and thankfully was unaware of the ending. I remember first watching it when I was about 13, only saw the back end. Getting to vicariously experience a twist like that again is just so enjoyable. I can only imagine what it's like for people who get to show Star Wars to their kids.
Same here, actually. I saw Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) the first time when I was 13, and hadn't seen the '56 version before that. Pretty trippy.

I know someone who only saw the Star Wars films "in reverse" (or in Lucas' mind, the correct order). That is they saw Ep1 through 3 at the theatre and then watched New Hope through Return of the Jedi on DVD. That would be an interesting experience!

Old 05-04-2021, 11:42 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Same here, actually. I saw Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) the first time when I was 13, and hadn't seen the '56 version before that. Pretty trippy.

I know someone who only saw the Star Wars films "in reverse" (or in Lucas' mind, the correct order). That is they saw Ep1 through 3 at the theatre and then watched New Hope through Return of the Jedi on DVD. That would be an interesting experience!
I remember hearing about something called "The Machete Order" wherein you watch IV, then V, then II, then III, then finish with VI. I guess now you could follow onto the sequels.

The idea is after you find out about Darth Vader's true identity, you flash back and watch that downfall before ending triumphantly (ah, those triumphant Ewoks.) It totally cuts out Phantom Menace with the valid point that it's totally self contained and besides introducing a few characters, plot-wise has pretty much nothing of consequence.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-05-2021, 05:00 AM
Misanthrope

Streetwalkin'

Not as trashy as I was hoping but entertaining enough. Dale Midkiff pulled off the psycho pimp pretty well and Greg Germann was great as his sleazy junkie sidekick.