Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Cranky

Trans

Young criminal escapes from juvenile detention and goes on the run. Good indie flick with appropriate gritty feeling. Many scenes have an improvised feel to them. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM
She's under the stairs

The Last house on the left (remake)

It's a really good home invasion flick, I think they should have given it a different title. But don't avoid it, see it soon.

7/10

Observe and report

This was a strange flick, it went really dark a few times and I just felt wierd. But this made it really enjoyable instead of just another stupid comedy.

7.5/10

Bug

So I finaly see it and it's not what I expect, it didn't do that much for me but is an interesting flick

6/10

Somthing weird

Yes, it was weird, but enjoyable. I'm looking forward to watching more H.G movies, I just bought a bunch of them.

6.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Evil Puppy

Saw VI - They didn't try for too many extreme twists or out-gore their previous efforts but instead made a flick that moved the overall story forward (albeit a bit slowly through a few too many flashbacks). I'm surprised that Saw has reached number VI without becoming a terrible franchise and there's real consistency in the quality of the films (although the 1st still stands tall as the best). I enjoyed it and will be happy to go next year around Halloween.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - Just washed the V off... hell of a show. The Tickled Fancy Burlesque Co. was there and did a pre-show as well as a stage show during the film dressed as characters.

Last edited by Despare; 10-23-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Cranky

Return of the Living Dead 3.

Not a bad little diversion. Good effects and Kent McCord (whom I have not seen anywhere in a LONG time) lends an air of authority to his role. He did a fine job.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Bad Natured

The Abandoned (2006). A suprnatural horror flick with an amazing score and lots of disturbing imagery, but little more. Many people really seamed to have loved this one, and i could see why. My main disappointemnt was that this flick could have been so much more. First, we have rare a mid-forties lead actress in a horror film. There were so many ways that her character could have been developed, but instead she remains flat, leaving the viewer without any empathic ties. The story itself was also fresh. But instead of developing it with actual storytelling, this film falls back on disturbing imagery and again that wonderful score. While it is definitely worth a watch, so much more could have done to make this decent flick a great one. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Rocky Horror Picture Show - Just washed the V off... hell of a show. The Tickled Fancy Burlesque Co. was there and did a pre-show as well as a stage show during the film dressed as characters.
:eek: fun! Mine is on Thursday. I have volunteer work til 7 and they start at 7 so I will have to get dressed on my way there.

Watched The Hills Have Eyes remake, and The Exorcist last night.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM
the Frostbrood Vanquisher

"the Fearless Vampire Killers"
Old 10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Foxhole Atheist

The Messengers (2007)

Fairly standard stuff but there are some decent, atmospheric moments. My wife thought it was 'scary as hell' but she doesnt watch that many films. Its OK

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Saw 6 gets a 3/5. I thought it did a good job of clearing some shit up, but was really just mediocre. They've toned the traps down so much to accomodate for a wider audience but it took the tension and fun out of everything.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:19 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Mad Max 6/10

This was my first time watching this and I must say I'm very disapointed.I was hoping to see alot more carnage from Max but sadly there was only about 10 minutes of it.