Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Evil is Better

Just watched You're Next so something i'm tired of is Home Invasion movies in general. They're all the same

Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Undead

For the record, I enjoyed Eden Lake. Especially the twist at the end. No spoilers folks. It's just films go on rampages with sub genres. When one seems promising or generates interes or money, then there becomes a glut. I also liked Vinyan for the same reason I like Eden Lake. I think the movie F. kind of killed the killer kid thing for me. Come Out And Play didn't help.

Also let it be known I love From Dusk Till Dawn, the first one anyway. And holding out making any comments on the TV series until I've seen more than one episode.

Bloofer is right about the lame convention in found footage for suggesting "here comes trouble"
Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
It's the remake of Who Can Kill a Child?.

Not good.
I knew there was a remake - didn't know they retitled it. Heard it was shit.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Undead

Calling the movie shit would be a disservice to all really crappy movies. Just google the director Makinov. Some dude with a bag on his head. Tempting to be a subversive director who is actually a Brit attempting to cash in on the badass Slavic mystique. Sorry but the guys name is Jonny Clooney from Bristol. He took a poor 1970's film and remade it into an even worse film. Maybe that's why he wears the bag on his head.

I think he's trying to grasp some of the appeal of films such as the Seasoning House, a Serbian Film, and the fantastic Neprijatelj. Not so far as his film but in his persona. He fails on all levels. I'm sure he loves the genre, that doesn't make him a great director by default. No more thanh any of us on the forum.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Undead

Attempting to be subversive... Sorry,

Going to watch the Other (the film, not the horror punk band although they are great) and perhaps Sick Boy with hope I can redeem the killer child sub genre for myself.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 AM

Though I fall for it every time, sick of people waking up from a terrifying nightmare and turning to their spouse in bed and said spouse turns around with a demon face or some such and they wake up again from that nightmare! Sometimes its even stretched to waking up three times.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Undead

Nice one. The nightmare within a nightmare. Sure some of these cliché's are effective but tread new ground directors. Please.

How about hillbilly cannabals. Why not flip it. Have. Bunch of beautiful people lost in the woods, come across a hillbilly cabin, and as things unfold suggesting the hillbillies are not whT they appear, it turn out the beautiful people are cannibals.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E Ville View Post
Nice one. The nightmare within a nightmare. Sure some of these cliché's are effective but tread new ground directors. Please.

How about hillbilly cannabals. Why not flip it. Have. Bunch of beautiful people lost in the woods, come across a hillbilly cabin, and as things unfold suggesting the hillbillies are not whT they appear, it turn out the beautiful people are cannibals.
That was sort of done recently but I can't for the life of me think of the name. Basically the Hillbillies pick on a serial killer in their local bar.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
That was sort of done recently but I can't for the life of me think of the name. Basically the Hillbillies pick on a serial killer in their local bar.
No One Lives ?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Undead

That was the one I was thinking of Newb. I've not seen it though. Ferox, have you seen it?