Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Not on par with the first Jurassic Park but a solid debut feature from actor Paddy Considine.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

Not on par with the first Jurassic Park...
yeah...just saw the trailer on youtube but the sfx works are pretty decent.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Misanthrope

Shark Night 3D

Bit disappointing really. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece or anything but this just didn't really deliver on it's promisingly trashy premise. Needed more OTT gore and nudity :p Didn't really see enough of the sharks either. A painless enough timewaster if you're in the mood for something mindless and lowbrow but ultimately forgettable.

Final Destination 5

Wow. This was more like it and it took me completely by surprise. Out of the entire series I only really liked the second film and I figured they just somehow fluked it after the mediocre films that followed it and the bland Screamteen original. Final Destination 5 would have to rate as one of the most entertaining films I've watched this year. Not Oscar material at all but lots of fun delivered at breakneck pace. Normally I'm watching the clock waiting for something like this to end but the film just didn't give me a chance to get bored. Wish I had made it out to the theatre for this one now.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Fixed poster link
Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Evil is Better

Black Christmas

I was really expecting more from this movie. It's not bad i guess but theres a few things that bother me. The killer is supposed to come off as unsettling and creepy but for me, he was just annoying. I couldn't stand the phone calls and could barely understand what was being said.

SPOILERS:My biggest problem with the movie is that you never find out anything about the killer. In the end it's revealed that he's just some crazy guy in the attic which would be fine but even though it's hard to understand, you still get bits and pieces of information during the obscene phone calls that implies that theres a story to this killer but then nothing is ever explained. It just seems pointless.END OF SPOILERS

It could be worse though...it could be the remake.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Misanthrope

re: your spoiler. That was one of the things I liked about the killer in Black Christmas. Personally I thought the phone calls were pretty effective. But each to their own... although I should be yelling BLASPHEMY!!! :D
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Change-Up (2011)

>>: B-

Colombiana (2011)

>>: C-
Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 AM
For Vendetta

I liked it. But then again, I am a big fan of the FD series so this should come as no surprise. It might have been a blast watching the film in 3D, but even the 2D viewing was a pretty decent experience. Fans of the series won't be disappointed at all. Kudos to the writers for churning out yet another series of innovative deaths, just when you thought they couldn't get any more creative (nor innovative) than the last one.

And - HERE THERE BE SPOILERS - fans will also love the way the story ties in neatly with the original FD. Also, stay for a bit after the film is over, to enjoy a glorious and colorful montage of almost all the deaths in the FD series. Which reminds me, watch closely during the opening title sequences (glass shattering must have been a hoot in 3D), and you will make out several instruments of death which have been used in the series so far. Pretty nice touch by the makers to remind everyone that it's a FD film.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
re: your spoiler. That was one of the things I liked about the killer in Black Christmas. Personally I thought the phone calls were pretty effective. But each to their own... although I should be yelling BLASPHEMY!!! :D
Normally i would like that too but they gave a little too much information that gave, me at least, the impression that more would be revealed so i was disappointed that it wasnt.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Evil is Better

Santa's Slay

Oh man is this ever horrible but also hilarious. It's definitely one of those so bad it's good movies. I loved how there was no set up for Santa's attacks. He would just show up and kick some ass.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Bad Dreams (1988)

>>: B+

Frankenstein: The True Story (1973)

>>: A-