Old 01-28-2015, 02:57 AM
Evil Dead

what you guys think of the movie 'compliance'

Just watched it. Really made me think, quite disturbing in its way. anyone else seen it or have opinions on it. Btw if you have lost faith in humanity, then this film isn't likely to restore it. Views please
Old 01-28-2015, 05:56 AM
fanged menace

a fantastic movie if a little bleak, its a very hard watch at times but worth it.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Evil Dead

For the entire duration of the movie, I was so annoyed and pissed at the manager chick. Like, "How could you be so stupid?" If that weren't enough, I would think the chick being abused would say "enough is enough" at some point. The potential punishment for the crime that she was falsely accused of wasn't worse than the abuse she was forced to endure, and since she was innocent, why not stand your ground and let the lack of evidence play its course? The supposed accuser never showed their face, and no cops thought it was important enough to show up at the scene. It's hard to imagine she would actually do what she did based on such a weak threat.

If the film weren't based on a true story, I would think it was completely unbelievable. Given that it's supposedly true, however, I guess it was fairly effective, but still excruciatingly frustrating. Probably not one I'd watch again -- not because of the sadism, but because of the annoying idiocy of the characters.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Living Dead

I agree with last post...
I TRIED to watch it, but the fact that they portrayed the whole crew to be completely stupid and gullible...especially the female boss/manager.
Well...it didn't hold my interest.
Too much imagination stretching...I honestly don't believe it was based on a true story and if it was, NO WAY, in reality, it went this far.
Victim/accused shoulda walked the fuck out and driven home...wait for cops to come...and of course, they never would.
End of movie.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
For the entire duration of the movie, I was so annoyed and pissed at the manager chick. Like, "How could you be so stupid?" If that weren't enough, I would think the chick being abused would say "enough is enough" at some point. The potential punishment for the crime that she was falsely accused of wasn't worse than the abuse she was forced to endure, and since she was innocent, why not stand your ground and let the lack of evidence play its course? The supposed accuser never showed their face, and no cops thought it was important enough to show up at the scene. It's hard to imagine she would actually do what she did based on such a weak threat.

If the film weren't based on a true story, I would think it was completely unbelievable. Given that it's supposedly true, however, I guess it was fairly effective, but still excruciatingly frustrating. Probably not one I'd watch again -- not because of the sadism, but because of the annoying idiocy of the characters.
I can tell by your post this movie definitely isn't for me. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:20 AM
Evil Dead

it is frustrating and pushes stupidity. However, i think this is waht partly makes it a movie that actually makes you think. it also questions superiority and the corruption of it, as well as how some people will assume things are right becuase they are said by their superiors, or becuase they wish to avoid friction. the woman it is based on, i believe, got a large payoff, from Mcdonalds, cjhoosing to sue the corporation rather than her far less wealthy superior at work, something that also raises issues.

Like i said, it is not an easy watch, but i believe we should all occasionally watch such things, if only to temporarily shake us out of our indolence and indifference.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post

I agree with you on every level. I guess I forgot that there are some really STUPID people in this world! As a female, I NEVER would let some treat me that way and I would have just walked off the job and went straight to my parents. The girl acted liked they could physically hold her there, no brains what so ever. I thought the female manager was even more absurd for allowing any of it to happen, wow! And to top it off, the men who played along with it, no humanity there!! It was a one time viewing only for me!!!!

Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhead Rex View Post
I agree with last post...
I TRIED to watch it, but the fact that they portrayed the whole crew to be completely stupid and gullible...especially the female boss/manager.
Well...it didn't hold my interest.
Too much imagination stretching...I honestly don't believe it was based on a true story and if it was, NO WAY, in reality, it went this far.
Victim/accused shoulda walked the fuck out and driven home...wait for cops to come...and of course, they never would.
End of movie.
Unfortunately, it is based on a true story.

Actually, having read the actual real story, and the film's plot, all of those things happened. Basically, only the names were changed. (it's on wikipedia, & I remember hearing about it in the news yrs ago).

There's been a number of cases of this happening, but this incident went the farthest. By in large, people do what they're told by authority figures. That's both an authority thing, and the power of suggestion. Being aware of our human tendency is required. But I'll will never watch this film. It's not entertainment (IMO).

Instead of watching the film, better to watch 2 mins from the Milgram Experiment:

Or if interested, a documentary on the whole experiment https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=bY3SC2Rq_V8.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-30-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:34 AM
Evil Dead

unfortunately that experiment has being widely discredited, due to cherry picking of the participants