Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 04-14-2015, 12:44 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
you probably wont thanks me after watching it. Everyone seemed to love herbert in the 80s and the films of him always eemed to be lame (the survivor, fluke etc). My abiding memory as a kid is of people with herbert and king books lined up next to each other
I saw The Survivor right after The Rats. I wouldn't call either of them bad, but I would like to see both movies remade on a bigger budget, coz the stories are pretty cool. I would also like to see "The Fog" being made.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Evil Dead

like most people, i'd never read the fog, but i assumed the film was the film version of the book. Amazing how many people still don't know it isnt. I've since read it and i think the film is a lot better than the actual book! Neither film is that bad, but they suffer from the usual horror syndrome of great book/middling film

Last edited by neilold; 04-15-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
like most people, i'd never read the fog, but i assumed the film was the film version of the book. Amazing how many people still don't know it isnt. I've since read it and i think the film is a lot better than the actual book! Neither film is that bad, but they suffer from the usual horror syndrome of great book/middling film
Well, the book's cover does look a lot like the movie cover, so I can easily understand why people would think they're the same story. So did I. Most of his books has some pretty cool cover artworks, I must say.

I managed to find the mini series The Secret of Crickley Hall and started on the first episode, but as I was working on something at the same time it just got to play in the background. Very few scenes in this first episode made me turn around out of interest, so I'll have to give it another try some other day, coz the story sounds right up my alley.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody answers this thread, coz I doubt anyone has even seen the sequel as the original is quite bad.

But I just noticed a third installment has come out and the genre has now gone from drama/thriller to just plain drama. My God... The sequel was unexciting enough, do anybody really want to see the rest of this series??? Not me.

It's as riveting as the Little House on the Praire.
I loved flowers in the attic I didn't, know that there where sequel or two I'm going to have to see them.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:32 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I loved flowers in the attic I didn't, know that there where sequel or two I'm going to have to see them.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you, Wildfire.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Relentless thrill seeker

Loved this thread. when I lived in the States a couple of years ago, I heard about FITA for the first time - despite having studied world lit for years, I'd never heard of the books.

I really tried to get through the first book, despite the warnings from American friends. I never got to a really scary part, but I could see why it might have some guilty-pleasure quality with the whole sibling incest theme and all, but nothing that I wrote was "horror" as such. Maybe if I'd read it BEFORE my late 20's...

If there was a good movie version made, I'd watch it, but from what I've read they tend to clean them up, which I suppose would make them even less scary than the books and not even have the controversy of the sibling incest theme.

Ah well, thanks for the warning, I'll just wait until someone decides to do it properly. Sibling incest and all. ... Aaaand I'm just going to stop writing the words "sibling incest" now, excuse me...
Old 04-16-2015, 02:01 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchen View Post
Loved this thread. when I lived in the States a couple of years ago, I heard about FITA for the first time - despite having studied world lit for years, I'd never heard of the books.

I really tried to get through the first book, despite the warnings from American friends. I never got to a really scary part, but I could see why it might have some guilty-pleasure quality with the whole sibling incest theme and all, but nothing that I wrote was "horror" as such. Maybe if I'd read it BEFORE my late 20's...

If there was a good movie version made, I'd watch it, but from what I've read they tend to clean them up, which I suppose would make them even less scary than the books and not even have the controversy of the sibling incest theme.

Ah well, thanks for the warning, I'll just wait until someone decides to do it properly. Sibling incest and all. ... Aaaand I'm just going to stop writing the words "sibling incest" now, excuse me...
Both versions of the first novel included the sexual blossoming between the siblings, and that was hot and all. Just didn't make it remotely scary. Neither did the evil granny. Just made the story dramatic, but none of the versions succeded in making the story actually scary even tho the ingredients were there. But i didn't feel like any of the 2 versions left anything out. So go ahead.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Relentless thrill seeker

Quote:
Both versions of the first novel included the sexual blossoming between the siblings, and that was hot and all. Just didn't make it remotely scary. Neither did the evil granny. Just made the story dramatic, but none of the versions succeded in making the story actually scary even tho the ingredients were there. But i didn't feel like any of the 2 versions left anything out. So go ahead.
REALLY?? They included the hot sibling incest?

I thought I'd read that this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/?ref_=nv_sr_2

didn't and the one with nurse Ratched didn't neither, was that wrong? In that case, let me at 'em! Wouldn't want to miss all the hot sibling incest!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:31 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchen View Post
REALLY?? They included the hot sibling incest?

I thought I'd read that this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/?ref_=nv_sr_2

didn't and the one with nurse Ratched didn't neither, was that wrong? In that case, let me at 'em! Wouldn't want to miss all the hot sibling incest!
I would say both versions contain sibling passion, but not exactly sex (the remake has a mild sex scene).

What's your last question??
Old 04-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Relentless thrill seeker

Quote:
I would say both versions contain sibling passion, but not exactly sex (the remake has a mild sex scene).

What's your last question??
Sounds pretty boring. Why don't they do a scary version, with serious hot sibling incest?

That's not a real question, I'm done, beg your pardon etc.