Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 05-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Evil Dead

Love a good zombie movie. Favourites include:

Shaun of the Dead

Train to Busan

28 Days Later

Dawn of the Dead

Dead Snow

Re-animator
Old 05-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Does The Fog count as a zombie movie? The monsters in that movie seemed like a combination of ghosts and zombies. Either way it was a really good movie.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Does The Fog count as a zombie movie? The monsters in that movie seemed like a combination of ghosts and zombies. Either way it was a really good movie.
Been so long since I've seen it. I'll have to check it out again. Love a good John Carpenter movie.

Forgot my favourite zombie movie:
Versus (2000)
Old 05-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Banned

The 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead was reasonable; looking forward to the Ellen Page film The Cured
Old 07-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonthebadboy View Post
The 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead was reasonable; looking forward to the Ellen Page film The Cured
I think that as a zombie movie it was reasonable, but as a remake of a Romero movie it sucked. It had nothing to do with what the original Dawn of the Dead was about other than being set inside a shopping mall with zombies.

Romero's version may have had a low budget and not look as impressive by today's standards of movies but it was still a classic and deserved to be treated with respect.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-16-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Living Dead

I don't really like zombie movies myself, but I do really like....

The Dead Hate the Living

(Die)-ner, Get It?

Nacht Der Lebendes Loser a.k.a. Night of the Living Dorks

ummm.....some Australian one where their blood it flamable

Ed and His Dead Mother

Dead/Alive a.k.a. Braindead
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I love movies that have zombies wearing unique clothing that cause them to stand out from other zombies. I think my two favorite zombies of all time were the clown zombie and bride zombie from Day of the Dead.

Poor bride must have gotten killed at her own wedding, and the clown might have died while performing at a circus or kid's birthday party.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I think that as a zombie movie it was reasonable, but as a remake of a Romero movie it sucked. It had nothing to do with what the original Dawn of the Dead was about other than being set inside a shopping mall with zombies.

Romero's version may have had a low budget and not look as impressive by today's standards of movies but it was still a classic and deserved to be treated with respect.
In regards to the special effects of the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead... even though there are so many gore effects, I think they were all top notch and creepy. The only thing I think is odd was some of the blue face makeup on the zombies, as it didn't always look natural, as in natural dead.

Regarding the plot's of both films, you have me curious about what you mean by, "It had nothing to do with what the original Dawn of the Dead was about other than being set inside a shopping mall with zombies." Would you expand on that? Thanks!

Old 08-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Banned

I tend to enjoy zombie films that are also comedies. I mean but what I feel sets it apart from others is the part at the end when the black guy gets confused as a zombie and gets shot and killed. I know it was meant to be a message of the times but have that specifically not been put in there I wonder what impact the movie would have now. As far as your Siri cleaned. With that said, my favorites of the genre are Shaun of the Dead, return of the Living Dead, and Return of the Living Dead Part 2. I mean zombie movies are about like ghost stories for me, I am picky. I even get annoyed at Walking Dead sometimes.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
In regards to the special effects of the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead... even though there are so many gore effects, I think they were all top notch and creepy. The only thing I think is odd was some of the blue face makeup on the zombies, as it didn't always look natural, as in natural dead.

Regarding the plot's of both films, you have me curious about what you mean by, "It had nothing to do with what the original Dawn of the Dead was about other than being set inside a shopping mall with zombies." Would you expand on that? Thanks!
Well for one thing the characters were completely different. In the original movie you had two SWAT guys, a female reporter (at least I think she was a reporter), and her boyfriend. The remake had a nurse, a cop, a black guy and his pregnant Russian girlfriend, a TV salesman, three mall security guards, a trucker couple, an asshole playboy and his slutty girlfriend, a gay church organ player, and a young redheaded girl.

But unlike the characters in Romero's original movie who were interesting, I thought that most of the characters in the remake were annoying and completely unlikable. The one I hated the most was Glen because he was pretty much a negative gay stereotype. This movie was also a tad on the racist and sexist side like how the cop played by Ving Rhames just assumed that the black guy was a criminal (nevermind the fact that he was a black guy too) and how all of the female characters other than the nurse were portrayed as useless and weak. George Romero's zombie movies were all known for their strong female characters with the exception of the original Night of the Living Dead (but I think that is forgivable because it was a very old movie made in the 1960's).

I guess I feel like Romero always focused a lot on his characters, but in the remake of Dawn of the Dead we basically had a bunch of cliches and stereotypes thrown at us. Does that make any sense?