Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 AM
Immortal horror fan

A bunch of Friday the 13th movies are on demand for free in HD. I've been looking and listening to a few. I only own my collection of favorites. I still haven't seen Part 9 completely. I'll search to see if they have that one this weekend.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I TRAPPED THE DEVIL 2019

A man and his wife drop in unexpectedly at his brother's house on Christmas. They find him to be unstable and claiming he has a man locked in his basement.

It was ok. One of those movies that are hard to make out because of the lighting.
Was that 2019? Yeah, I saw a trailer for this film, and I was interested. Seems like a long time ago. But you've convinced me to skip it.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Was that 2019? Yeah, I saw a trailer for this film, and I was interested. Seems like a long time ago. But you've convinced me to skip it.
Its actually based on a pretty good idea, because at times you do wonder " Is it the Devil or just a man?" But very hard to follow.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Evil Dead

The Collector was a pleasant surprise.

A thief gets caught in a house with what I can only describe as Kevin McAllister after binge watching the Saw-franchise.

Good build-up, tension keeps you going. Nice climax. Good stuff.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:33 PM
That fucking Guy...

I liked the Collector as well.
Are you aware there's a sequel with the same antagonist & protagonist?
It's called "The Collection".
It was slightly different in tone, and in my mind not quite as good as the first one, but to be honest it was a pretty worthy sequel - leagues ahead of some.

I understand a 3rd one is about to drop sometime this year, currently being referred to as "The Coll3ctor".
I think if they resolved things and kind of left it there, that's a decent stopping point, the series is still fairly fresh at this stage and realistically I don't think we'd want another Saw situation happening.
(though still wish they'd continued from that Goddamn Gordon as Jigsaw storyline)

Here's something you may not know about the collector.
It wasn't the first one.
There is a 1965 film of the same name...and while it's quite different, it actually shares a few elements...maybe not enough to say that the first "new" one was a remake, or even re-imagining (a bit I guess), but definitely some kind of inspiration was taken from this into the new ones.
Different characters and motivations to be sure.
Though a "collector" is still there, and it is about being kept captive in an enclosed environment I suppose.
Of course there was different sensibility in films of the 60's, so the new ones will have obviously radically departed in style and content.

I mean one could theorise that this film *did* inspire the new one/s, as there are a few common elements...just not sure (haven't seen it in a while) how much of a stretch such a theory would be.
I've found no such information to confirm it was even acknowledged by the makers of the newer ones.

As a standalone movie, the 1965 version is actually really worth watching.
I caught it on tv at the age of 14 back in the 90's, and even though I'd been brought up on Nightmare on Elm st, Hellraiser, Childs Play, Evil Dead type stuff, this one managed to draw me in.
More thriller than horror.
It's actually a bit more along the lines of that show "YOU" than the new films bearing the name.
Anyways, if you don't mind stepping back into yesterday, you may want to check it out at some stage.

Trailer:

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 02-14-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:00 AM
病気の

Cupid, 2020. 7/10

Director: Scott Jeffrey

Thumb resize.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post

It wasn't the first one.
There is a 1965 film of the same name...and while it's quite different, it actually shares a few elements...maybe not enough to say that the first "new" one was a remake, or even re-imagining (a bit I guess), but definitely some kind of inspiration was taken from this into the new ones.
Though a "collector" is still there, and it is about being kept captive in an enclosed environment I suppose.
Of course there was different sensibility in films of the 60's, so the new ones will have obviously radically departed in style and content.

I mean one could theorise that this film *did* inspire the new one/s, as there are a few common elements...just not sure (haven't seen it in a while) how much of a stretch such a theory would be.
I've found no such information to confirm it was even acknowledged by the makers of the newer ones.

Trailer:
I am a big fan of the 60s film and the novel it is based on but I really can't see any thing in common with the newer film
Old 02-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I liked the Collector as well.
Are you aware there's a sequel with the same antagonist & protagonist?
It's called "The Collection".
It was slightly different in tone, and in my mind not quite as good as the first one, but to be honest it was a pretty worthy sequel - leagues ahead of some.

I understand a 3rd one is about to drop sometime this year, currently being referred to as "The Coll3ctor".
I think if they resolved things and kind of left it there, that's a decent stopping point, the series is still fairly fresh at this stage and realistically I don't think we'd want another Saw situation happening.
(though still wish they'd continued from that Goddamn Gordon as Jigsaw storyline)

It wasn't the first one.

As a standalone movie, the 1965 version is actually really worth watching.
I caught it on tv at the age of 14 back in the 90's, and even though I'd been brought up on Nightmare on Elm st, Hellraiser, Childs Play, Evil Dead type stuff, this one managed to draw me in.
More thriller than horror.
It's actually a bit more along the lines of that show "YOU" than the new films bearing the name.
Anyways, if you don't mind stepping back into yesterday, you may want to check it out at some stage.

Trailer:
Thanks for the tip. I will put The Collection on my watchlist.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:14 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I am a big fan of the 60s film and the novel it is based on but I really can't see any thing in common with the newer film
I guess just the theme of being captive in an enclosed space with "a madman".
I mean I get they're plenty different. The connection is tenuous at most...like I don't think it's that likely.
Then again, who knows who has seen what/when.
The seeds of an idea and all that.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:48 AM
病気の

VFW, 2020. 7/10

Director: Joe Begos

Thumb resize.

A bit of annoying dialog from the older characters but I love the director and this was gory as fuck.

Tags
movie