Old 01-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I tried so hard with this one. I don't mind a slow burn, but, this was a little TOO slow for me.
I understand that. It lost me at one point as well.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:22 PM
ventricle

Cargo (2018) Netflix 5/10

I tend to like this type of movie -- hazardous family journey, and Martin Freeman is easy to like, but to me this was mostly a yawn fest. I wasn't feeling the loving family sentiments the film was trying to convey. And everything else was soft old hat for folks who've already seen the classic zombie films.

Old 01-08-2020, 01:12 AM
Evil Dead

GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS (2016). My wife loves watching Jack Finch on YOUTUBE with his "Top 5's" and we put this on the NETFLIX cue to check it out. Pretty interesting story and a very good chilling turn by Glenn Close, but once was enough. ***
Old 01-08-2020, 08:39 AM
No, fuck YOU

"The Irishman" (2019) 8/10

I guess if you've seen 1 Scorsese mafia movie you've seen 'em all. Same formula.

That being said, I enjoyed it quite a lot and was entertained throughout the entirety of the 3,5 hours running time. But even with a movie as long as one of the extended Lord of the Rings episodes, the story still didn't manage to tell who Jimmy Hoffa really was. If you didn't know any better you'd think Hoffa was some guy who went to jail and couldn't get a job afterwards. I guess, if you really want to know you'll have to watch the movie "Hoffa" starring Jack Nicholson. And who the hell was the irishman? Was it THAT italian guy or THAT italian guy???

And one last thing. It took me more than a while to get used to the de-aging technology used on Deniro's face in the first hour. He looked like a character taken out of the Final Fantasy movie. He looked like 2011's Captain Haddock without a beard. God... This is what we have to get used to in the future..
Old 01-08-2020, 09:58 AM
No, fuck YOU

"6 Underground" 2/10

A philosophical question. Can a turd be loud?

Yes, yes it can.... If it's pulled out of Michael Bay's ass.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"6 Underground" 2/10

A philosophical question. Can a turd be loud?

Yes, yes it can.... If it's pulled out of Michael Bay's ass.
Did you watch the entire film?

I only ask because, good grief, the opening car chase is a long, long, long segment... I actually wondered if it was going to take up the entire film length. And I did not like that choice.

However, after the long chase, it does root it self, just enough, to work. The mix of real stunts with the CG stunts is incredibly seamless, almost perfect. It's impressive.

After being a bit annoyed the first 30 or so minutes (I was watching with quite a few family members, and didn't want bail/interrupt), I started to settle in, and enjoy it for what it was. It was pretty much nonstop action, swearing, vulgarity, one-liners, tongue-in-check sentiment. It's almost more of a test, practice film, like what you could add to a film with a story.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-09-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:45 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Did you watch the entire film?

I only ask because, good grief, the opening car chase is a long, long, long segment... I actually wondered if it was going to take up the entire film length. And I did not like that choice.

However, after the long chase, it does root it self, just enough, to work. The mix of real stunts with the CG stunts it's incredibly seamless, almost perfect. It's impressive.

After being a bit annoyed the first 30 or so minutes (I was watching with quite a few family members, and didn't want bail/interrupt), I started to settle in, and enjoy it for what it was. It was pretty much nonstop action, swearing, vulgarity, one-liners, tongue-in-check sentiment. It's almost more of a test, practice film, like what you could add to a film with a story.
I honestly gave up halfway through. I’ve gotten too old for braindead noisy action. Never gonna be a Bay fan.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I honestly gave up halfway through. I’ve gotten too old for braindead noisy action. Never gonna be a Bay fan.
If I was by myself, good chance I would have bailed. Heck, I got bored with the extended action sequences in The Hobbit films, and got antsy at moments for the last two Lord of Rings films, so I know the feeling. You would not have liked the rest of 6 Underground. Any sentiment and story was a goo-goo eyed paper mache mask.

However, I should say, I did like the original Bay 'Transformers' film, where the sentiment and story worked for me.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-09-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:15 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

I recently saw "Krampus: The Reckoning," which is overall good for a loose independent sequel, with a lot of good suspense, twists, and turns, as well as a good twist at the end on who the naughty girl actually is, not to give too much of a spoiler. I was overall impressed with that one.

I also saw "Good Tidings," that started off entertaining and interesting, but took a dive in the middle, with a lot of poor, sloppy editing, and a good amount of continuity issues. It ends up okay and entertaining, though. I found it worth a look for one time.

I also saw "All Through The House," a Christmas slasher film that pays tribute to the ones from the 1970s and 1980s, and does an overall good job at it. Those who like the "Silent Night, Deadly Night" series, along with "Terror In Toyland," and the like should enjoy this one as well.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:56 PM
病気の

The Sonata, 2018. 6/10

Director: Andrew Desmond

Countdown, 2019. 6/10

Director: Justin Dec

Thumb resize.

Tags
movie