Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2020, 12:07 PM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up Violence Gives Him Hope

This is a unique serial killer film featuring two of them who would kill somebody, then hide the dead body for the other to find it, while taking turns doing so. it is also about a local talk show host with weird but unique guests, but is unable to get an audience, and eventually calls it quits, then decides to join the mafia instead. His encounter with the serial killers begins after he finds a dead body in the back of his truck, not knowing where it came from, but is in a hurry to get to the studio for the filming of an episode, and does not call the police then. Later, he gets a visit from Orville, the serial killer looking for the dead body, then gets knocked out as Orville takes off with the dead body. Herman, the serial killer who killed and hid their last victim, gets a visit from a Jehovah's Witness, knocks him out, drags him into the kill room, and ties him to a chair to make him an upcoming victim. The Jehovah's Witness, however, manages to get through to Herman on how only God can forgive him for his sins, and how he can still repent and convert. After Herman repents and lets the Jehovah's Witness go, he then starts going door to door, spreading the Good Word, only to end up getting fed up with too many doors slamming in his face, then eventually snaps, turning back into a serial killer, figuring God will forgive him anyway when he asks for it.

This movie is in black and white format with occasional bright colored scenes. There are plenty of wild and intense graphic gun fights, over the top dark humor, suicide scenes, a very intense and detailed Russian Roulette scene, and even a long, weird but unique and intense scene in the Valley Of Humiliation, where it turns Orville, with it now being his turn to kill somebody and hide the body, chose the Bone Man to be his next victim. There is also a very intense scene with Herman smashing the head of one of his dead victims with a huge cinderblock, and the scenes where he goes door to door, trying to spread the Good Word, are hysterical. Even the beginning is very intense with Herman finding a dislocated foot in the back of his car, not knowing which victim it came from, and using the stars to help him decide who to kill next, before the beginning credits roll in big bright letters with a dark background and a very intense sounding soundtrack. Those who like the old school done right artsy and gory horror films should enjoy this one as well.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Living Dead

Like.Share.Follow. (2017), directed by Glenn Gers.
The Borderlands (2013), directed by Elliot Goldner.
Smiley (2012), directed by Michael Gallagher.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Vivarium 7/10

I really like these kind of weird mystery flicks. The person who casted Jonathan Aris as the real estate agent is a genius. Too bad his character didn’t have more screen time, cuz he was hysterical.
I just read the wiki and it sounds really good. Like a Twilight Zone episode. You mentioning weird mystery made me look it up.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:28 PM
病気の

We Summon the Dark, 2019. 5/10

Director: Marc Meyers

Sea Fever, 2020. 6/10

Director: Neasa Hardiman

Thumb resize.

Last edited by DeadbeatAtDawn; 04-10-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:45 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I just read the wiki and it sounds really good. Like a Twilight Zone episode.
Yes indeed and the story would probably have worked better as such.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:33 AM
Evil Dead

PET SEMETARY (2019)>>>>>>POSSIBLE SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stephen King's book is really good and scary and while the 1989 film was hit or miss, there could not have been better casting than Fred Gwynne as Jud and the scene where Gage is killed is extremely well done. My daughter had been acting up that day I first saw it and after getting her to a nap, that scene truly hit home and pointed out how bad things could be.

This starts out OK, but the WICKER MAN bit when Ellie discover the Pet cemetery is quite contrived and a serious foulup by not showing the true and deep friendship Louis and Jud acquire over time; here it's almost like acquaintances that see each other every so often. AND, having Ellie killed instead of Gage just destroys any credibility this has-maybe the filmmakers thought being older, she might be more frightening. A ridiculous ending as well. *
Old 04-11-2020, 04:04 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
PET SEMETARY (2019)>>>>>>POSSIBLE SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stephen King's book is really good and scary and while the 1989 film was hit or miss, there could not have been better casting than Fred Gwynne as Jud and the scene where Gage is killed is extremely well done. My daughter had been acting up that day I first saw it and after getting her to a nap, that scene truly hit home and pointed out how bad things could be.

This starts out OK, but the WICKER MAN bit when Ellie discover the Pet cemetery is quite contrived and a serious foulup by not showing the true and deep friendship Louis and Jud acquire over time; here it's almost like acquaintances that see each other every so often. AND, having Ellie killed instead of Gage just destroys any credibility this has-maybe the filmmakers thought being older, she might be more frightening. A ridiculous ending as well. *
Yet another why-bother remake.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:03 AM
Living Dead

Phoenix Forgotten (2017), directed by Justin Barber.
The Houses October Built (2014), directed by Bobby Roe.
The Houses October Built 2 (2017), directed by Bobby Roe.

Some found footage horrors, quite good ones IMO.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:09 AM
No, fuck YOU

Sea Fever 6-7/10

Well acted and quite fast paced. If only they had spend most of the time below the surface instead of above I would probably have liked this movie a whole lot more.

Swallow ?/10

Somebody spoil this movie for me. The story moved on so damn slow that I fell asleep within the first half hour and I’m not going to try watching it again. Still I’m curious about the endning tho.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:49 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila Munster View Post
Phoenix Forgotten (2017), directed by Justin Barber.
The Houses October Built (2014), directed by Bobby Roe.
The Houses October Built 2 (2017), directed by Bobby Roe.

Some found footage horrors, quite good ones IMO.
Loved the first two you listed. Wasnt that crazy about T.H.O.B. 2 though.

Tags
movie