Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Very, very sad news to hear. I first want to thank you for letting us know, I'm not sure who you are but thank you.

I always got along well with Mona, hence her involvement in so many of my stories, and this has taken me completely by surprise. I only hope her last moments were dignified, as I'm sure she would have liked them to be. She was an adamant horror fan as well as a good person.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
This is quite shocking. I wish I had gotten to know her a little better.
RIP Kathy.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Oh no, that's terrible news! Kathy's the only person from HDC that I've ever actually spoken with over the phone. (Since we're MN residents, we had planned to attend a convention once, but it never panned out.)

Very, very sad news... RIP Kathy.

If anyone knows her last name, I'm sure I can find a obit in our local paper and post it here.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM
The3rd

Monalisa passed away on 11/29/09

Kathy (Monalisa) suffered with depression. She also did not have the ability to handle the daily stress and anxiety that many of us do not even think about. Many nights she could not sleep because she could not stop thinking about all the things in her life and the lives of others. She internalized a lot of stress and would often get an upset stomach, for this she would take over the counter antacid products. She started to drink more and more around 2002/2003.

She had a hysterectomy because of other medical problems around 2004/2005 after this her depression and anxiety worsened so she drank more. She sought help with the depression and anxiety from the medical community and they tried different drugs, none seemed to help much. She was drinking more and more daily when her mother passed away around 2006. They were very close and the loss deeply affected her. By this time she was drinking about a liter a day of Blackberry Brandy. The loss of our dog BenGee deepened her depression, he was 17 years old and she loved him more than anything. Her father passed away in 2008, this worsened the depression and drinking…..

Drinking such large quantities of alcohol also causes other physical pain for this she would take over the counter pain medication, Tylenol, Aleve, Aspirin and others…She had many stomach problems because of everything and was taking Prilosec (from the doctors) and Zantac. The doctors prescribed more and different drugs, Seroquel is one I remember that was used to try and help. They also prescribed sleeping aids and they had their own problems. Ambien was one that caused many bad problems.

She keep her drinking and other problems from her doctors and almost all who knew her as I have found, she was a private person in this respect. Her brother and I tried to get her help for drinking but she would not. I had no legal means to force this as we were not married. Her drinking was a source for much stress in our relationship and because of my forceful instance that she get treatment she moved out in 2008. We talked almost daily after and tried to do things together but plans often got cancelled for one reason or another.

On 11/20/09 she called me and asked if I could take care of her dog Solo because she had to go into the hospital for a low potassium condition. When she came by to drop off Solo I noticed Kathy was yellow, puffy looking and really sick. She was admitted into the ICU cardiac part of the hospital. They were very concerned about the low potassium. She also had liver and kidney failure with a stomach infection. She seemed to improve thru the week but got worse over Thanksgiving. She passed away on 11/29/09.

Coming to this board was one of the things that I remembered that made her happy.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3rd View Post
Kathy (Monalisa) suffered with depression. She also did not have the ability to handle the daily stress and anxiety that many of us do not even think about. Many nights she could not sleep because she could not stop thinking about all the things in her life and the lives of others. She internalized a lot of stress and would often get an upset stomach, for this she would take over the counter antacid products. She started to drink more and more around 2002/2003.

She had a hysterectomy because of other medical problems around 2004/2005 after this her depression and anxiety worsened so she drank more. She sought help with the depression and anxiety from the medical community and they tried different drugs, none seemed to help much. She was drinking more and more daily when her mother passed away around 2006. They were very close and the loss deeply affected her. By this time she was drinking about a liter a day of Blackberry Brandy. The loss of our dog BenGee deepened her depression, he was 17 years old and she loved him more than anything. Her father passed away in 2008, this worsened the depression and drinking…..

Drinking such large quantities of alcohol also causes other physical pain for this she would take over the counter pain medication, Tylenol, Aleve, Aspirin and others…She had many stomach problems because of everything and was taking Prilosec (from the doctors) and Zantac. The doctors prescribed more and different drugs, Seroquel is one I remember that was used to try and help. They also prescribed sleeping aids and they had their own problems. Ambien was one that caused many bad problems.

She keep her drinking and other problems from her doctors and almost all who knew her as I have found, she was a private person in this respect. Her brother and I tried to get her help for drinking but she would not. I had no legal means to force this as we were not married. Her drinking was a source for much stress in our relationship and because of my forceful instance that she get treatment she moved out in 2008. We talked almost daily after and tried to do things together but plans often got cancelled for one reason or another.

On 11/20/09 she called me and asked if I could take care of her dog Solo because she had to go into the hospital for a low potassium condition. When she came by to drop off Solo I noticed Kathy was yellow, puffy looking and really sick. She was admitted into the ICU cardiac part of the hospital. They were very concerned about the low potassium. She also had liver and kidney failure with a stomach infection. She seemed to improve thru the week but got worse over Thanksgiving. She passed away on 11/29/09.

Coming to this board was one of the things that I remembered that made her happy.
damn.....sorry for your loss.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Misanthrope

Terrible news. All the best to friends and family.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Clown Slayer

I am very sorry for your loss.

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Halloween
3. Dawn of the Dead (orig.)
4. Halloween II
5. Night of the Livng Dead (orig.)
6. The Evil Dead
7. The Exorcist
8. Alien
9. The Thing
10. Sesson 9
Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Thanks for the info & updates The3rd. So sorry for your loss. Do you know Kathy's last name? Or can you link us to the obit please? I'm sure there are people who would want to send cards or flowers if they knew where to send them.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Evil Dead

I just checked my inbox, and had a message from her that I meant to reply to...Never put off til tomorrow, what you can do today.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
mostly ghostly?

Oh my. This is unbelievable. Shocking. Awful.

Condolences to you, her friends and family.

Rest in peace.