Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Film and TV Essays

Hey guys,

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on the subject - I'm just a second year BA student of film - but nonetheless it dawned on me that perhaps some of my essays from last year and this year may be of interest to a few of you.

To try and ease my embarrassment, I'll only be posting those which achieved 2.1s or above. Not sure how it is in the US, but here a 2.1 refers to 60%, with 70% being a "first class essay" and 80-85% being "publishable standard" and generally thought of as the highest a piece of Uni work will ever get before phDs. As of now I've had one such 81% essay, the rest getting between 63 and 73 mostly. 2.1 is what most people leave University with.

So yeah, here goes.

This is one of my earlier essays, dealing with the Cinema of Attractions, so essentially film pre-1900. As it's early work it's a little rough around the edges with some poor formatting/referencing. It scored 63%, as I recall.

Consider the similarities and differences between films made for the Edison Kinetoscope and the Lumière Cinématographe. Are the most significant differences a product of the contrasting technologies involved?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 AM
HDC's old chick

It's telling me I need permission to access
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Should be fixed now :)

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

This was my second Film History essay of last year, and one of my higher scorers (73%). It relates to Grand Hotel (1942), which some of you may know as one of the first "All-Star Cast" films in Cinema.

Grand Hotel (1942): A Study of Work, Leisure and the Duality of Glamour

The Ferrets like it...