Old 01-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Evil Dead

Spider-Man 3

Things are starting to sound a little scary with this installment. I have news that Gwen Stacy has just been added to the cast.
With assortment of Sandman, possibly Venom, maybe a Goblin, and now Stacy. I'm starting to get worried about this film.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Spider-Man 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter January 18, 2006

Bryce Dallas Howard ("The Village") will play Peter Parker's love interest Gwen Stacy in Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 3. Sam Raimi is directing the movie, which started filming this month.

Gwen is pivotal in Spider-Man lore as Peter's high school crush, his girlfriend and his first love. She ended up being kidnapped by the Green Goblin and died during a bridgetop battle in "Amazing Spider-Man" issue 121.

Columbia is keeping a tight lid on the third movie's story line, though it is known that Gwen is the third part of a love triangle that includes Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.

Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco are reprising their roles. Thomas Haden Church plays Sandman and Topher Grace a yet-to-be-named villain.

The movie is being produced by Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad. The story is by Sam Raimi and Ivan Raimi, with a screenplay by Alvin Sargent.

Howard stars in M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming Lady in the Water as well as Kenneth Branagh's As You Like It. Howard also stars in Lars von Trier's Manderlay, which opens January 27.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Er... I think they may be looking to bite off more than they can chew with this one... If they want to include the entire storyline with Gwen, this is going to be quite a long film...
Old 02-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Living Dead

Spider-Man 3

I heard that sandman was supposed to be the main villain and then at the end venom would come and the fourth will leave off where the third ended.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Evil Puppy

I thought Lizard was a lock for the 3rd? Maybe the fourth movie then. Sam can make as many Spiderman movies as he wants, the last two were good movies. Besides, I've read hundreds of Spiderman comics and still been interested so why not 3 movies... or 4 or 5. He better save time for Evil Dead 4 though, Bruce needs some exposure as Ash dammit.

Last edited by Despare; 02-05-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
what about venom? or the red evil spider man guy.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Living Dead

Spider-Man 3

Yeah carnage is the best.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

i wish they'd do a marvel-DC crossover and have spiderman and batman team up ..
Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Evil Dead

yeh on another spider man 3 thread in this site i asked if venom would be in spider man 3 and they said yes?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Spider-Man 3

Quote:
Originally posted by KF100
I heard that sandman was supposed to be the main villain and then at the end venom would come and the fourth will leave off where the third ended.
Venom = Topher Grace

I've heard that they may try and film 3 & 4 together or that 3 would lead into 4 but I haven't heard anything for sure.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Evil Dead

James Cromwell Joins Spider-Man 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter February 5, 2006

James Cromwell has joined the cast of Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 3 as Captain Stacy, the father of Bryce Dallas Howard's character, Gwen.

In the "Amazing Spider-Man" comic books, Stacy dies a heroic death as he saves a child during a battle between Spider-Man and another supervillain. Peter Parker love interest Gwen Stacy (Howard) ends up blaming Spider-Man for her father's death.

Cromwell joins returning cast members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco as well as Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church and Theresa Russell. Sam Raimi is directing.

Cromwell is best known for starring in the "Babe" movies, the first of which earned him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor, and as a villain in "L.A. Confidential." His recent role on "Six Feet Under" earned him an Emmy mention in 2003.

Pic of Bryce Dallas Howard who is playing Gwen Stacy
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/bdhgsttswjl2.jpg