Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
The Spy Who Loved Me

Ah, I do love the Moore era of Bond, and this might just be my favourite. Equally, it has my favourite Bond Theme in it.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Misanthrope

The Inbetweeners Movie

A movie length episode as I was expecting and it follows the usual blueprint of the show with a few of the colloquialisms removed to appeal to a wider audience. The series had a bit more style to it and this comes off as just another American Pie styled "dick and fart" comedy flick. Still it made me laugh my ass off in parts which is the main reason for throwing on a comedy movie.

The Art Of Getting By

A random selection that backfired on me. Angsty teenager rubbish. I just wanted to reach into my television and shake everyone while yelling "GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!". I guess I'm in the wrong age group to appreciate this one but it had none of the sharp satire or bite of say Pump Up The Volume. Bland in every way and had me questioning why the fuck did I even bother.

--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Yeah I'm going to give it a watch for this reason too.
Fuck the remark in the review on the main page pissed me off:

Quote:
Director Scott Spiegel hadn't done much directing-wise to recommend him (wow: Spring Break '83 and From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money? Where does he keep the Academy Award?)
:rolleyes:

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
That fucking Guy...

Source Code.
Checked all the boxes for decent sci-fi, pretty solid all-round.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Evil Dead

Re-watched 'My blood valentine: 3D'.

Saw '30 minutes or less' for the first time, which was alright. It was a little short. It's tough to take any movie shorter than 90 minutes seriously, imo, let alone one shorter than 80 minutes.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Roll up! Roll up!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - brilliant! Really funny and perfect for this time of year.

Same goes for Bad Santa which I always watch around Christmas. Hilarious!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorzack View Post
Only watch part 4 if you want a good laugh :)
Yeah with everyone saying it's the worst of the series I'll watch it wasted for a laugh if I get round to it.

The Ruins (2008)I was disappointed that there wasn't a lot more to the story of this. Howerver it is very gory and I was in the mood for gore. So don't expect much in the story department but gorefans will enjoy it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Immortal horror fan

Hatchet 2. It wasn't as good as the first one. I thought it was filmed by a different director. The movie just felt off. I wasn't expecting the new actress either for the lead character.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Hatchet 2. It wasn't as good as the first one. I thought it was filmed by a different director. The movie just felt off. I wasn't expecting the new actress either for the lead character.
I liked it a lot more than the original.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangleduponblue View Post
Re-watched 'My blood valentine: 3D'.

Saw '30 minutes or less' for the first time, which was alright. It was a little short. It's tough to take any movie shorter than 90 minutes seriously, imo, let alone one shorter than 80 minutes.
In the days of the double bill, most "b-movies" - the ones that showed after the first or "a-movie" were all around 60-75 minutes in length. If you're a good director you can tell a story well in a short time. In his early days Woody Allen said the perfect length for a comedy was 87 minutes- and if you look at every one of his films up to, I think Annie Hall, they're all exactly 87 minutes long.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
In the days of the double bill, most "b-movies" - the ones that showed after the first or "a-movie" were all around 60-75 minutes in length. If you're a good director you can tell a story well in a short time. In his early days Woody Allen said the perfect length for a comedy was 87 minutes- and if you look at every one of his films up to, I think Annie Hall, they're all exactly 87 minutes long.
Hmm I knew movies used to run shorter, but I didn't realize run times that short were that common-interesting.

My favorite movie of the last ten years, 'Children of Men', is only a hair over ninety minutes. It also meshes with what you said about needing a Director who's worth his salt, which Alfonso Cuaran is.

I guess they did something right with '30 minutes of less', as they left me wanting more, so the director and writer did their jobs.

That being said, 83 (counting credits)minutes still feels a little short. I'm having a tough time thinking of another decent comedy from the last 5-10 years which was that short. Does anything jump out in your mind?

Last edited by Tangleduponblue; 12-19-2011 at 07:55 PM.