Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Evil is Better

I'll still check them out and i've heard good things about May. I'll have to watch that too.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I'll still check them out and i've heard good things about May. I'll have to watch that too.
You definitely should it's great.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
That fucking Guy...

What's "albino alligator" like? Anyone?
What about "Ronin"?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
What's "albino alligator" like? Anyone?
I remember liking it when it came out. Fairly typical of the 90s crime films post-Pulp Fiction but it did stand out from the pack. Wouldn't mind checking it out again actually.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Contraband (2012)

>>: B-
Old 07-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Pretty cool and strange movie. Basically a classic film noir (right down to dialogue and archtypical characters) set in a Highschool. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays the lead and theres a cameo from Richard Roundtree who for a change playes THE MAN.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

Pretty cool and strange movie. Basically a classic film noir (right down to dialogue and archtypical characters) set in a Highschool. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays the lead and theres a cameo from Richard Roundtree who for a change playes THE MAN.
I didn't dislike it, the cloak and dagger aspects of it are really well done but I suspect some film noir fans may be disappointed by it, it lacked (to me anyway) the excitement and thrill of the best classic and modern film noirs.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Tall Man (2012)

It'd be somewhat difficult to talk about this movie without spoiling the plot. But I'll try not to. To me, it was one of the year's anticipated movies as it comes from the director of 2008 French masterpiece Martyrs...Pascal Laugier. No doubt, the guy is a great filmmaker who again comes with an original idea and delivers almost perfectly. And this time it becomes one of those kind of movies that turns out very different than the anticipation after watching the trailer or reading about the basic storyline or plot synopsis. I think in case of responses from the most genre fans, initially the film will suffer for the way they campaigned or promoted it as some sort of Boogeyman or Jeepers Creepers kind of flick. But this is more of a solid-dark thriller than Horror. After a decent build up & fine first half, it started to open up with its core content which leads the viewer to a bit shocking but questionable final revelation that may not be appreciated by the audience. Moreover, there were some plot holes that needed some answers & careful treatment. Jessica Biel (TCM remake) was great & gives a convincing performance.

Overall, I'm not sure about the others but I liked it, an interesting thriller.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 08-01-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Evil is Better

The Tall Man

This wasn't what i was expecting at all. I've been interested in this movie since i heard about it but i thought it was going to be more of a supernatural urban legend type movie. Luckily thanks to Roshiq's review, i had a heads up that it wasn't like that but i still feel disappointed.

There's some pivotal plot points that just come out of nowhere and the story and the characters weren't developed enough for it to make sense at that point and i just wound up confused. By the end everything makes sense but ultimately i didn't like it. Honestly it's not a bad movie, it has a good feel to it but there's really nothing creepy about it.

I think the movie hurts itself by misleading the audience and not just in the information for the movie but in the opening sequence as well.

Overall i wish i could say i liked this movie but unfortunately i can't.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
piranna 3dd