Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Don't Eat The Dog Food

Authorities Seize 80,000 Cans Of Dog Food Sold As Foie Gras

Isreal - The Health and Agriculture ministries' branches in Ashkelon yesterday seized 80,000 cans of dog food that had been disguised as foie gras, as if fit for human consumption.

The product, imported from Bulgaria by Fried Leonid and originally labeled "chicken for dogs," was given two different fraudulent labels: "Domestic Birds liver pate. Producer: S.E. Grenot, France" and "Pate foie gras. Producer: Lovmit General Toshevo."

The Health Ministry has warned the public not to consume products bearing these labels. Shirley Deri, food engineer for the district of Ashkelon, said the products had not been distributed to food chains.

The Health Ministry, however, is still investigating if there had been early deliveries of the canned goods.

"The health risks from such a product are considerable. It could contain microbiological pathogens that are lethal to humans," Deri said.

Deri added that aside from the names of the products, the importer had also forged the Kashrut certification.

The Agriculture Ministry is conducting an investigation into the criminal offenses involved before deciding on a course of action.

The Health Ministry said that it viewed the forgery as a serious offense.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be