#10401  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 AM
Amalthea_unicorn Amalthea_unicorn is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hollow Shades
Posts: 1,447
deleted
__________________
Twilight Sparkle: I've got something to say! She's evil!

Last edited by Amalthea_unicorn; 06-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10402  
Old 06-17-2019, 12:46 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,449
MOTHER! (2018). POSSIBLE SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Darren Aronofsky has made another visually dazzling film, but there are SO MANY metaphors and SO MUCH symbolism along with a pretentious script that it starts to lose You after an hour and it's awfully loud towards the end.
Have read reviews from praising to scathing, so was curious. Well made, but not something You'd want to watch often. **1/2
Reply With Quote
  #10403  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:49 PM
He horroramauta He horroramauta is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Hello

I just finished "Us" of Jordan Peele. Good movie
Reply With Quote
  #10404  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:36 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Surprisingly the actors who've played Bond were well into their 40s. I know, pretty bizzare right? You'd think they'd go with 30 years old, considering they should be functional Commandos in fighting.


Roger Moore was 46 for his first Bond film, and he did 7 films! Timothy Dalton was 40, Brosnan 42. Craig will play Bond in 2020 at age 52! In Connery's last film he was 53. So Idris at 46 is just one of the later starts, but it's what they've been doing.
I thought Sean Connery was in his thirties. That's probably another reason why he's the best and formed the character. And Connery's run really ended at You Only Live Twice. Diamonds Are Forever isn't really the same character and style as those first bunch of films. And Never Say Never Again is that unofficial remake of Thunderball.

It seems like after Connery, the people running the series kept looking for someone who played the spy type before. Or was popular enough. I didn't know Roger Moore was in his 40s. But I know he was in a few older spy type TV shows that I haven't seen. Yet he also mentioned being too old in one of his final Bond movies.

I think they wanted Pierce Brosnan before Timothy Dalton but there were conflicts with that detective TV show. There were a lot of timing things mentioned during that period that a friend of mine told me about.

I still think the best bet will be younger Bond in his 30s. And set the movies right so you can do a good number of them.
Reply With Quote
  #10405  
Old 06-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,538
PYEWACKET 2017

Basically what happens after a teenage girl summons a demon to kill her mother. Maybe geared more to a teenage crowd but not horrible.
Reply With Quote
  #10406  
Old 06-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought Sean Connery was in his thirties. That's probably another reason why he's the best and formed the character. And Connery's run really ended at You Only Live Twice. Diamonds Are Forever isn't really the same character and style as those first bunch of films. And Never Say Never Again is that unofficial remake of Thunderball.

It seems like after Connery, the people running the series kept looking for someone who played the spy type before. Or was popular enough. I didn't know Roger Moore was in his 40s. But I know he was in a few older spy type TV shows that I haven't seen. Yet he also mentioned being too old in one of his final Bond movies.

I think they wanted Pierce Brosnan before Timothy Dalton but there were conflicts with that detective TV show. There were a lot of timing things mentioned during that period that a friend of mine told me about.

I still think the best bet will be younger Bond in his 30s. And set the movies right so you can do a good number of them.
I agree, better to get a guy in his 30s who can do action scenes. Craig was impressive (physical motion) his first film at 38. Who do you think would be a good Bond?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #10407  
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Tommy Jarvis's Avatar
Tommy Jarvis Tommy Jarvis is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 145
Seoul Station Good stuff. Good introduction to Train To Busan, although I would recommend watching both on separate occasions.

Like it's sequel, it does a good job at making you care about the characters (though the overacting is a bit silly at times, the first victims in particular). I've rarely seen an animated film this dark and grim, but it worked well, just like the twist towards the end.

8/10
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10408  
Old 06-21-2019, 03:13 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Seoul Station Good stuff. Good introduction to Train To Busan, although I would recommend watching both on separate occasions.

Like it's sequel, it does a good job at making you care about the characters (though the overacting is a bit silly at times, the first victims in particular). I've rarely seen an animated film this dark and grim, but it worked well, just like the twist towards the end.

8/10
I saw Train to Buscan and well enjoyed it. Hadnt heard about Seoul Station.
Reply With Quote
  #10409  
Old 06-21-2019, 05:51 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,542
Nightmare Cinema, 2019. 7/10

Directed by
Alejandro Brugués
Joe Dante
Mick Garris
Ryûhei Kitamura
David Slade






Rondo, 2018. 7/10

Director: Drew Barnhardt

__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #10410  
Old 06-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Tommy Jarvis's Avatar
Tommy Jarvis Tommy Jarvis is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I saw Train to Buscan and well enjoyed it. Hadnt heard about Seoul Station.
I found this one on Youtube of all places. For free... for now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 PM.