Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
For Vendetta

The X-Files 3

X-Files creator Chris Carter had been talking up the prospects of further movie installments recently.

"We had really good fun doing the second movie -- we had high hopes for it and we just wanted people to like it. I told myself that if people come and see it we'll certainly be talking about another movie."

He was then asked about abandoning the show's alien-heavy mythology for I Want To Believe, and if he would return to this long-running narrative in the future.

"We love the alien storyline too, but we felt coming back that time -- when a story like that was not only true to the series but allowed us to focus on Mulder and Scully more, you don't have to deal with all the complications in the alien storyline. But if there were to be more films -- and we're not at all taking it for granted that there will be -- but if there were that's something we would definitely want to get back too..."

Carter continued: "There's a date in the X-Files mythology -- 2012 -- that is very important. We'd certainly love to do something with that!"

He's referring to December 22, 2012, which is referenced in several episodes and marks the date of the alien invasion and colonisation of Earth.

Interestingly, writer-producer Frank Spotnitz has been talking up the possibility of The X-Files 3 too.

"I think we'd all like to do it. The studio has not said yes or no," Spotnitz informed. "There's a date that looms very important in X-Files mythology, which is December 2012. I think that the studio (Fox) will decide whether they want to roll the dice on another X-Files feature."

Spotnitz, who said a third film would be the definitive end of the series, believes "we would definitely have to deal with alien colonization. I honestly think that's the movie that most non-hardcore X-Files fans, as well as a lot of hardcore X-Files fans are dying to see. Obviously, I think Chris [Carter] has had ideas about that from the very beginning when he dreamed up this show, 16 years ago."

David Duchovny believes there will be a third X-Files movie, despite the commercial and critical failure of the last big screen outing, The X-Files: I Want to Believe.

In a recent interview, the actor who played Agent Fox Mulder said, "As far as the X-Files movie I'd like to do next, if we get a chance to do it, it would be a return to the heart and soul of the mythology, which is the alien-oriented conspiracy. I think it's natural for The X-Files to have another movie in 2012, so we'll see if we get to do it."

Of I Want to Believe, Duchovny told the site, "I was happy with it… I have nothing but respect for [X-Files creator] Chris Carter and the writing staff."

More on The X-Files 3 as it develops.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Id go see it......or wait for the DVD anyway.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Cranky

I want to believe......

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I want to believe......
Haha, me too.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Say No To Mental Health

I was a huge fan back in the day, but I just don't give a damn now. I no longer wish to believe...