Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Undead Cavalier

Send a message via AIM to fiend_skull Send a message via MSN to fiend_skull
Found this on another forum, felt I should share it...

I found this guy basically bashing all movies made in the last 10 years (something that I've seen a couple times here) and I felt a need to share it with you. He isn't entirely wrong, but I feel he takes it to an unneeded level. I tried to reply to this guy, but all attempts to really reason with him were quickly shot down with an abrupt "the new shit sux balls" sort of post. So here it is; uncut, uncensored, and unfortunately unedited. Sorry if the thread seems irrelevant to this section of the forum or if it seems pointless, but I really wanted you guys to see this.

"1 why cant we have directors and producers care about movies i watch preators it SUX sooo bad worst acting worst story worst EVERTHING the old one was better 1987 on was sick now halloween come on carpenters halloween was epic music the mask the story everthing made me scared at night now rob thinks he is soo cool by making halloween more of a blood and gore film come on the o1st one 1978 hade barly no blood but scarry ueverone has a different way of scared one is u can be scared of blood and heads ripping of and sayin ew or u can be in the shadows and creep slow and that can be scarry . movies SUX now they die if they make a remake to titanic , platoon , terminator , the shining , the godfather , i will kill them u cant make a classic more classic u just got to keep it the way it is i miss the 60s movies with james bond and 70s with the godfather - 80s with terminator the shining halloween - 90s like goodfellas forest gump heat titanic pulp fiction omg u no what i mean :) like i said old movies are better shit liuke today sux like twlght and preators omg just bc of the actors are hot doesnt mean shit just like twlight when u have a really ot guy the people really doesnt care about the movie they care about the actor making people spent money to see him on the big screen thats stuped i miss all the old actors like pacino de niro arnold . if u like my review comment it if u love old movies hit me up bc OLD IS A CLASSIC !"

Any comments?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Evil Dead

First off, I got a head ache just reading the post. Don't know why people insist on posting like they are texting to their friends.

As far as the content, from what I could read, I kind of agree that the older flicks are better....but that has to be taken with the knowledge that Carpenter's Halloween was the first. Same with a lot of other movies he mentions.
Rob Zombies Halloween was good too, but you have to give it the slack of, ok...it's a re-make.
But there are plenty of movies that are recent that are good too, so to me the guy is just singling out the ones he wants to hate.
(Twilight sux, btw:))

But, to each their own. I will most certainly NOT be hitting him up though...his opinion and mine wouldn't mix very well.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Misanthrope

The online world is becoming illiterate as FUCK.

I'm going into hibernation to avoid this painful shit.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
The online world is becoming illiterate as FUCK.

I'm going into hibernation to avoid this painful shit.
Agreed. If this guy had an important point to make it was lost in that incomprehensible mess he called a review.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Evil Dead

I don't know the guy who wrote that, but I have to admit, I have seen people say a lot worse things than what he said there. He was just talking about how movies suck today. I haven't seen anything else said by him, but from that post alone, it didn't seem like he was attacking anyone personally, which is what seems people do a lot on the internet these days.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Heaven for the climate

"terminator the shining halloween"

or maybe it's

Terminator: The Shining Halloween. Now that's a movie I can get behind.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Born To Murder The World

Ok, well, I gotta put my 2 cents in now. It's ridiculous to make a blanket statement that all new movies suck to begin with. Some do, I agree, but then, alot of the old ones suck too. As for the remakes, I don't see anything wrong with remaking any movie. Bela's "Dracula" is definitely a classic, but would you want to discard all Dracula movies and remakes just because it is a "classic?" I, for one, prefer the '92 remake myself. I also prefer the Zombie Halloween remakes to the John Carpenter versions, simply because they are more realistic to me in so many ways. I definitely understand the nostalgic glow of yesterday, but that does not mean we can't move on and try new things.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Cranky

It's not always "nostalgia" that fuels an appreciation of classic horror. More often it's an appreciation of strong characterization, solid storytelling and the use of atmosphere as opposed to cliche' cookie cutter plots, cheap shock moments and an overabundance of gore and special effects that many modern horror films rely on.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Born To Murder The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
It's not always "nostalgia" that fuels an appreciation of classic horror. More often it's an appreciation of strong characterization, solid storytelling and the use of atmosphere as opposed to cliche' cookie cutter plots, cheap shock moments and an overabundance of gore and special effects that many modern horror films rely on.
Sorry neverending, but I disagree. Horror fans were saying the same things back in the 50's, and 60's, and 70's....... in 20 years they will be saying the same then, praising the works of today. It's a cycle that is, well, neverending. ;)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Undead Cavalier

Send a message via AIM to fiend_skull Send a message via MSN to fiend_skull
Quote:
Originally Posted by William666 View Post
Sorry neverending, but I disagree. Horror fans were saying the same things back in the 50's, and 60's, and 70's....... in 20 years they will be saying the same then, praising the works of today. It's a cycle that is, well, neverending. ;)
Well it doesn't quite work as easily as that. It is more of a process of weeding out. While I do agree that there are people who prefer old movies just because they are older, it is more a case of looking into the past with rose colored classes. As time goes on certain movies will stand the test of time and will be remember a lot better than the movies that seemed more lackluster and uninspiring.