Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Trucker's Fate

this isnt horror, but im pretty proud of it. i'm applying to The School Of Visual Arts in NYC to study film, and im required to write a story then turn it into film terms, but i only have the first part done. i took some of my inspiration from a scene in The Straight Story.
tell me what you think.

John stood in the middle of barren dirt road in Alabama. He did no know where he was. he did not know the date or time. He was hungy and tired, but he did not regret his action. He had been standing there for more hours than he could bare to count. His possessions were close to none, and the all fit into his small book bag he used for school. He saw a large truck approaching from the distance. John was not about to let another vehicle pass by him, for it was getting dark, and he needed food. He stood in the middle of the road. with his arm outstreched and his finger out. as the truck drew near, it began to slow down, then came to a stop about 20 feet from where John stood. The man from inside the truck gestured him in. John opened the door and jumped inside the truck. He exhanged glances with the man in the truck. He was an older man, probably mid sixeties. he wore a trucker hat and a dirty white tank top. The truck began moving. They sat together for a while in an awkward silence. finally the driver spoke.
"where ya' headed?"
"somewhere with food. And civilization"
"when'd you run away?"
john glanced over at him, suprised that the man had knew his disposition. he felt a little shamed.
"about a week ago."
The driver reached into his glove department and handed john a pack of potato chips.
"thanks so much" john eagerly opened the bag and began eating.
"family's important. I did the same thing you know. havnt seen them scince. parents passed away while i was gone. regret it like nothin' else."
john sat in silence and thought about what the man had said. a couple hours later they arrived in a small town.
"This is good." said john. "thanks for the ride."
"no problem".
john jumped out of the truck and began walking away.
"hey kid!"
John turned around and saw the drivers arm outstretched from the window of his truck.
"take this." in his hand was a $50 bill. "you decide what to do with it. good luck kid."
john took the money, and looked him in eyes with great gratitude. The man drove away. John thought over the night about his next move. The next morning he got up and spent the money on groceries. The years passed by, and john had remanined in the same town the driver had dropped him off at. He had a job at the local fast food restaurant, and could barely support himself. he had saved up enough money to go back to Montgomery. where his parents lived. he hadnt seen or heard of them scince. When he arrived, he stepped into his house and looked around. It was exactly as it was before he left, except there was a room dedicated especially to him. every peice of artwork he had ever done and any picture ever taken of him was on display. a feeling a guilt washed over him. He could not find his parents anywhere, so he slept in his old room, for the first time in ten years. Next week he attended his parent's funeral. They had both died in a car crash the day before he came. He attended their graves every day for the rest of his life. He would have given anything to go back to that day and spent the $50 on a ride home rather than suffering the ironic trucker's fate.

Click for B-Movie reviews!