Old 12-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to livin_dead_88 Send a message via Yahoo to livin_dead_88
I have that same huge ass book with the dripping candle blood thingy on it, I havent read it yet, I just bought it yesterday, But it looks great. I dont know the author either ( the books at my moms I'm at my Dads)
Another good vampire book is the Anita Blake serise, by Laurell K Hamilton they are great

"Please dont kill me. I dont wont to die. I wont to live. I wont to have my baby, I wont to have my baby." susan said she looked Sharon straight in the eye and said "look, bitch, I dont care about you. I dont care if you are going to have a baby. You better be ready, You're going to die and I dont feel anything about it."
Then susan said "In a few minutes I killed her and she was dead"
After killing sharon susan noticed there was blood on her hand she tasted it. "wow what a trip" she told Virginia. "I thought to taste death, and yet give life."
-Helter Skelter- written by Vincent Bugliosi
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is definitely one of the best vampire novels available, and one of my all time favourite books. For some reason most people haven't heard of it despite it being so hugely influential. I only heard about it because George Romero supposedly based 'Night of the Living Dead' on it which prompted me to read it. If you haven't read it, please do. And pray with me that 'they' don't make the film with Schwarzengegger as has been rumoured.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:21 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Quote:
Originally posted by livin_dead_88
Another good vampire book is the Anita Blake serise, by Laurell K Hamilton they are great
Those books are a lot of fun.

Most vampire novels irk me. I tried writing one in high school. I got so irritated with the notion of the vampire, I couldn't finish it. I've got 150 pages floating around my house some where.

I've harped on this: John Polidori's The Vampyre. Okay, it sucks, but it's the grandfather of the modern vampire...well...the pretty one's anyway.

Avenger, you're painting a delicious picture of "They Thirst." I think that after I finish "Wolves" I'm going to have to make a trip to the bookstore.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Hellraiser

My personal favorite would be the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. They're often compared to Anne Rice's novels but that's retarded because they are totally different in every way. Rice's writing style has more of a gothic tone and Lumley has more of a fantasy tone. Lumley's novels are probably more creative and brutal. Rice hits closer to home.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by kali
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is definitely one of the best vampire novels available, and one of my all time favourite books. For some reason most people haven't heard of it despite it being so hugely influential.
This is the most notable vampire book that I own. And I own quite a few vampire books. "I Am Legend" is THE book about the end of the world. Richard Matheson is a wonderful writer and though the book is very short, he fills it with dread that you just cannot believe. You are sucked into the lonliness that Robert Neville (Hope you guessed my name) feels everyday as the last man on earth. A great commentary on the 50's too. Matheson hits the stake with the hammer on this one. Get a copy today.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:41 PM
snlash

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite is my all time favorite vampire book, although I also enjoyed her other two anthologies, Love in Vein, and Love in Vein 2.

I also enjoy all of Anne Rice's novels, and Maggie Shayne's as well :)
Old 04-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Evil Dead

Hi everyone

Anyone read The Book of the Damned.
It is really cool and I recommend it to anyone that likes vampires.
It rocks and really gets under you skin.
Hellraiser is the best!
________
extreme vaporizer review

Last edited by death_to_all; 01-18-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Horror Fan

Salem's Lot.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Evil Dead

I'll go along with the recommendations of Salem's Lot. It was a fine book. I'll also give props to the classic though, Stoker's Dracula. The Anne Rice books a nice too.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East." --G W Bush, according to Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas
Old 04-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Dr. Caligari

Quote:
Originally posted by Aylmer
Anyone read the "Book of Nod" great poetry and art work!
I've heard of it, is it anygood?
I was thinking about buying it.