Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
kev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447 View Post
that's the thing with remakes... they're all about getting new folks to see 'em and spend the money. its hard to recreate a movie like that simply because it came out when it did. it was a different time. i mean, movies like Last House and Chainsaw had people vomiting in the theaters... it's impossible to do that now. remakes are only there to "polish" up movies, which ruins them.

i mean, how can the redux that rape scene and not, A)water it down to lose its effect or B)take it out all together? and the scene with the mother... man, it's just so sad that movies are all about money now, and have nothing to do with art. horror used to be art, but now its just a way to get teeny-boppers to the theaters... fucking sad...
I couldn't have said it better myself..
Old 11-02-2006, 01:48 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

im 19...eventually.....and i sooooo know what you mean. friends of mine refuse to see the gritty films and only watch the high budget polished so far up their own ass films...grrrrr......like a friend of mine wouldnt come to see saw (love saying that) 3 yeserday cause it relied on 'gore' yeah some people go to see it just for that and its a big part of it but im sick of these psychological films that shy away from true horror (i do like asian horror but only them can do creepy) oh and he coudnt sit through the entirity of hostel.....somethings wrong with my generation man.

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 11-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_linda View Post
im 19...eventually.....and i sooooo know what you mean. friends of mine refuse to see the gritty films and only watch the high budget polished so far up their own ass films...grrrrr......like a friend of mine wouldnt come to see saw (love saying that) 3 yeserday cause it relied on 'gore' yeah some people go to see it just for that and its a big part of it but im sick of these psychological films that shy away from true horror (i do like asian horror but only them can do creepy) oh and he coudnt sit through the entirity of hostel.....somethings wrong with my generation man.
I agree.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was on tv the other day and my friend saw it and he was like it's like the best horror movie out there,it's alot better than the stupid original.:confused:
Old 11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Lulu_Pope

Remake F Off

This idea sucks. Remakes suck. They should rerelease it in theaters.

Like they did with Exorcist ten times over. I still go, every single time. And I am not disappointed like I am with remakes.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Evil Dead

I agree on the re-releases on the Big Screen,I love that. I'm 25 and theres alot of movies I never got to experience on the big screen that I wish I had.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:00 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

i always wish they'd rerelease old films...id loved to been alive when exorcist first came out to be able to see it on the big screen.....tisnt fair.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Evil Dead

Last House On The Left has already been remade.Has anyone seen Chaos? :)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

olo!!!!!! what a rip!!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
For Vendetta

Craven's Last House on the Left redo

February 3, 2008

Busy character thesp Garret Dillahunt has joined the cast of Wes Craven's "Last House on the Left" redo for Rogue.

Dillahunt, who has memorable roles in "No Country for Old Men" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," will play the thug Krug in the remake of Craven's 1972 original.

Dennis Iliadis will direct.

Dillahunt joins a trio of other thesps -- Rhys Coiro, Martha MacIsaac and Riki Lindhome -- in the project, which is gearing up for a March 24 start in South Africa.

Craven and Marianne Maddalena are producing under his Midnight Pictures shingle, along with Sean S. Cunningham, who produced the original. Adam Alleca rewrote the original to give it a more realistic tone.

Story revolves around a couple, on vacation at their lakeshore house, who inadvertently gives shelter to the sociopaths who have just assaulted and nearly killed their daughter. After discovering the truth, they exact revenge on the attackers.

Dillahunt, who has had recurring roles on a number of skeins, including "Damages" and "Deadwood," will next appear on the bigscreen in Paul Schneider's "Pretty Bird." Coiro, best known as crazy director Billy Walsh in "Entourage," stars in upcoming "The Chaos Theory." Lindhome has several projects on the way, including "Powder Blue" and "The Changeling."
Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Sounds interesting. The original is pretty sadistic for the time it was made. I hope they don't make it a cheesy PG-13 flix.