Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Evil Dead

pixies suck fucko

Wumpscut-bunkertor 7

it is true what they say, metal takes more talent than some sad seattle sounding stuff. it's true, sid wasn't the best bass player, but with an armful of smack it is hard to do much.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
?

You my friend are a fucko

in a battle of the bands (possibly involving broken beer bottles) who would win: SLAYER??? or the pixies???

my voteSLAYER!! fucko

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Re: pixies suck fucko

Dude like the Pixies.....would so....WIN. I hope the next match is Nine Inch Nails versus Good Charlotte! GC pWnS!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Poetic Tragedy

Send a message via AIM to deftones6
Re: Re: pixies suck fucko

Quote:
I hope the next match is Nine Inch Nails versus Good Charlotte! GC pWnS!
lol no brainer! mmmm Trent Reznor vs. a few metrosexual "i wanna be punk but really im just mainstream trash wanna be musicians";)
Old 11-04-2004, 01:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Cows With Guns- Arrogent Worms

"The stakes were so High

Bad cow pun"

I love that song
Old 11-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Too lazy to post

Big Black - Kerosene
Old 11-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
?

First of all. You think the Pixies have talent and Gothic Metal doesnt? You need to be taught a lesson my friend. Metal takes a lot more fucking talent than almost every type of music.

And on the file sharing issue. Real artists dont care about money they care about the music. So maybe you should pull your head out of your ass and try comprehending other peoples opinions instead of blindly and vaguely exploiting your own thinking you are the only one entitled to a right.

You my friend are a fucko
Listen, I am a REAL musician.. Its my life.. I know you guys don't believe me. seriously. I pay my rent and everything else with it. I don't believe in file sharing... It not different than going into a store and stealing the music.. Gothic metal is simple, They're not poets, they don't sing,and its one sided music.. I have comprehending other peoples opinions, I don't agree with them. They're not making a living off of music, I am. You have never sat down and comprehended the pixies, but its real. I wasn't calling you a douch bag, you assumed that. Download all that music you want, because its not good.

Radiohead, Fugazi, The Pixies, Cake, sonic youth, the beatles, and Velvet underground don't suck... They're the world best.

You my friend, are judgemetal
Old 11-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
I might as well agree with everyone here. Because you all understand everything there is in life... Jazz and classical music is the most difficult. Why would bands sell there music if they didn't want to support themselves... come on. Hey Chaplain, aren't the sex pistols really Liberial? PUNK ROCK MAN, go george bush...
Old 11-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Fugazi
Now i have to agree with you there. Fugazi does kick ass. But i understand your view point but i just thought you were being a dick because every thread i make or say something in you come in and insult me.

Im not out to make enemies on the board.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now i have to agree with you there. Fugazi does kick ass. But i understand your view point but i just thought you were being a dick because every thread i make or say something in you come in and insult me.

Im not out to make enemies on the board.
I sound like a dick just because I disagree.. I'm not trying to make enemies either.. But if you don't agree with everyone here you get bashed. even if you don't like my music, I sure your a good guy. but Chaplain, is a douche bag. Thats a fact
Old 11-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Madrigal
Personally I see this whole "well music that people make a living off of shouldn't be shared, but it's okay for genres that don't make as much money". It is like saying that say, making fun of a half jewish person isn't as bad as making fun of a jewish person, for being jewish. That is at least the vibe I got from the last few pages.

As for filesharing, it is a double-edged sword and a fine line to walk. On one hand I have been exposed to hundreds more bands through file sharing than I would have if it wasn't around. Many, many, many of those bands I liked so I went out and bought their albums, so I am spending money.

On the other hand, the amount of big name bands who are under major labels get peanuts from each cd sale, absolute shit money. So little that you can hardly call it "supporting the artist" you are just supporting the goddamn Recording Industry, gluttonous pigs who do a 500% markup on cds and then give the REAL artist next to nothing. So do I feel bad about "stealing" from the artists, hell no, also, most artists would hopefully do it for the enjoyment of the art and not the sheer profit. If you are supporting yourself through music, fine, but if you already have 10's of millions banked, don't bitch and complain about a few songs going missing.

Local music, or un-labeled music I will not pirate though. I run a cd distribution company (www.vinland.tk) and I know full well the amount of work, and money small bands put into getting music, and albums out there. I also know that when I spend 10 bucks on a local cd that the 10 bucks I spent is going TO THE ARTIST. It is not going to some label, or recording industry, it is going TO THE ARTIST to help make more albums.

Tags
ear candy