Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
No Tears Please...

Remake discussion

So we have had a handful of quasi heated debates about liking and disliking remakes. I am a fan of the idea, but most aren't. All politics of it aside, there are absolutely some movies that NEED to be remade. Movies that should have been awesome but fell very short and deserve another solid attempt. Put them here, what would you like to see remade, reimagined, rebooted, etc.

Ill start, this one should have been awesome. Its the perfect combination of horror and super hero. The movie was... OK at best, but its such a large in depth world that was mostly overlooked. It would also benefit from a updated graphics over haul.

Spawn (1997)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpr7TTnXty8

Then there is this. Its a 8 minute fan film that manages in that time to out perform most of the hour and a half movie. I would kill to see a well done Spawn live action.

Spawn: The Recall Fan Film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5tCbd4fgkw
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Banned

People seem less troubled by the remaking of remakes than by the remaking of originals.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 PM
No Tears Please...

So everything needs to be remade so that people will relax when more remakes come along. I love the idea of seeing other peoples take on a classic.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Rabbit in Red

Remakes

Good posts! I'm all for remakes. It's definitely cool to see what we can do with today's technology, as long as special effects don't replace story and acting. Personally, I can't wait for the IT remake (huge fan, if you can't tell by my profile pic). If they keep the heart of the characters and story but add the brutality of death scenes as described in the book (left out of the TV movie), this could be amazing.

But who can be a better Pennywise than Tim Curry? That's my worry. ;)
Old 03-03-2015, 04:15 AM
No Tears Please...

Honestly I see no reason why Tim Curry couldn't reprise the role. He probably wont, but he is going to do beetlejuice. With all of that makeup he could easily be Pennywise again. Im stoked about a R rated remake. Not to mention they are doing it the right way, first movie as children and second as adults. I just hope they use some legitimate makeup and effects, CGI blood kills almost every movie for me.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Honestly I see no reason why Tim Curry couldn't reprise the role. He probably wont, but he is going to do beetlejuice. With all of that makeup he could easily be Pennywise again. Im stoked about a R rated remake. Not to mention they are doing it the right way, first movie as children and second as adults. I just hope they use some legitimate makeup and effects, CGI blood kills almost every movie for me.
There's no point in remaking a movie just to include a cast member from the original in their original role besides i think Tim Curry's health isn't all that great

Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Evil Sweat

The Punisher
After 3 movies they still haven't got it right.
I think I would like to see something like the first one but with a bigger budget, better cast, blood and gore,...

R-Rated Wolverine
Wolverine finally does what everbody wants him to do. Uses his claws to slice, dismember, decapitate,... lots of bad guys. And no romantic substory.

Transformers G-1
An adaptation of the original cartoons. Same voices, script, less humans, no romance, more robots,...
And less logic when it comes to transformations, for example Soundwave is a giant robot but can still transform into a small radio.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:17 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
There's no point in remaking a movie just to include a cast member from the original in their original role besides i think Tim Curry's health isn't all that great
Yeah, hes getting pretty old. And after thinking about your comment, your right, if your going to remake it really remake it. That said, I hope they don't over CGI him...
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
The Punisher
After 3 movies they still haven't got it right.
I think I would like to see something like the first one but with a bigger budget, better cast, blood and gore,...

R-Rated Wolverine
Wolverine finally does what everbody wants him to do. Uses his claws to slice, dismember, decapitate,... lots of bad guys. And no romantic substory.

Transformers G-1
An adaptation of the original cartoons. Same voices, script, less humans, no romance, more robots,...
And less logic when it comes to transformations, for example Soundwave is a giant robot but can still transform into a small radio.

LOVE those ideas. Have you seen the Punisher Fan Film on YouTube? Its a bit slow but it adds to the fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

I would love to see am more legit Transformers movie. By the fourth one I was so worn out with the exact same movie over and over.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Evil Sweat

Death Wish 1, 2 and 3
With Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I want the same scripts but the tone has to be darker, there needs to be more violence along with some blood and gore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
LOVE those ideas. Have you seen the Punisher Fan Film on YouTube? Its a bit slow but it adds to the fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

I would love to see am more legit Transformers movie. By the fourth one I was so worn out with the exact same movie over and over.
Haven't seen the fan film. Might check it out later.

I've only seen the first Transformers movie. That was enough for me.
Think I'll stick with the old cartoons.