Old 11-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Little Boo

Cryptic Explorers, the board game

Hello everybody !

For those who like board games, and especially horror-themed ones, a new and very promising project just showed up on Kickstarter. It's called Cryptic Explorers and here is the link to the Kickstarter campaign.

In Cryptic Explorers, 1 to 3 players take on the role of Cryptonauts (explorers of the unknown), tasked with entering the Realms of Death to steal occult knowledge, and escape back to Earth. Each Cryptonaut player customizes and controls their own squad of individual units.

Opposing the Cryptonauts is a single Deity of Death player, a malicious and powerful Goddess who seeks to kill all the Cryptonauts before they can escape with her Realm’s occult secrets.

Cryptic Explorers has all the depth and asymmetrical overlord-vs-heroes play of a dungeon crawler like Descent, combined with squad-based tactics and unit customization (similar to XCOM), all rendered in a malevolent sci-fi / death metal / horror aesthetic.

I will finish with a quotation by Undead Viking :
"Everybody was really tuned in to see what horribleness was going to befall everybody... This is as Ameritrash as it gets!"

I hope you will enjoy this project :)
Old 11-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Horror Fan

Looks neat but I don't think I can score many dates with this. Wanna come back to my place and play Cryptic Explorers?