Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Little Boo

True Blood TV Show?

Guys, Have you seen True Blood??
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Little Boo

I just watched the finale of season 5 yesterday. It was really hard for me to get into the show, since I am not a huge fan of vampires; especially the romanticized model of vampire being used in a lot of recent media. My best friend had to convince me to give it a chance. I watched season 1 and really enjoyed it, but almost went right back to hating the idea of watching it because of the shit storm of a plot line (or lack, thereof) that was season 2. No idea what the Hell was going on that whole season, aside from a lot of raunchy sex scenes and not much else. =/

Season 3 redeemed what season 2 seemed to destroy out of the series. To be honest, though, between season 3 and season 4, what with the additions of several new characters, the transition between story lines eventually started to warp the entertainment value of the show for me. It was hard to remember where I was left with each character's development. Season 5 seemed to slow down a bit and bring everyone's characters back to a central plot, so I haven't been too disappointed. The season 5 finale has me interested in what's in store for the next season, too, so I think I'll stay tuned in.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Evil Dead

Pamela Swynford De Beaufort swings it for me.Shes a fantastic character.I really liked Franklin too but my absolute fave is Lafayette.Hes the only reason I watch it as I just couldnt get my head round Sookie being a fairy.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Little Boo

I agree, Dara. If it wasn't for Lafayette's character in the first episode, I may not have continued to watch True Blood.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

I've only watched Season 1 so far, but I am getting ready to watch Season 2 in the next week or so.

It's a very odd show to me and kind of hard to get into. I don't mind the storyline or the characters but the dialogue and the lets just stare at each other for 30 seconds before saying anything kind of vibe kind of annoys me. It has really strange "timing". It doesn't "flow" very well for me. That said, I didn't feel that I had wasted several hours of my life watching it. I'm not a raging fan, but I don't hate it either. I will eventually watch all of it, but I don't think that it will be something I would re-watch.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Evil Dead

FunnY you mention the flow as when I tried to read the books I had exactly the same issue -I gave up on them and just watched the programmes instead (thats really unusual for me )
Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Little Boo

Oddly enough, I just watched the latest season's finale yesterday and was slightly excited for the next season. This is coming from someone that decided to watch this show with his roommates without seeing any other season. Needless to say.. the first couple episodes were a bit confusing. ha But as the season went on I actually started to enjoy it. Plus I was really intrigued on whom this Lafayette character was. On more than one occasion, people have told me that I remind them of him. I don't know how I should feel about that. ha
(-_-)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Little Boo

Lafayette is a good person to be reminded of. =P
Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Little Boo

Guys suggest me where can I watch Horror Tv Show online.