Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Teen Takes Nap (With Pillow/Blanket) In Middle Of The Road-Gets Run Over, Of Course

Police Look For Car That Hit Sleeping Teen

Boy's Injuries Serious, Not Life-Threatening

Jacksonville, Florida -- A 16-year-old boy was run over by a car while he slept as he waited for a school bus early Friday morning on the Westside.

According to police, the teenager apparently was sleeping in the 500 block of Towering Pines Drive and was lying in the street when he was hit by a vehicle about 6:30 a.m.

Police said the driver did not stop, possibly not knowing the boy was hit.

The boy was on the side of road waving for help when a passerby spotted him and called 911.

Jacksonville-Fire Rescue personnel responded and the boy transported to Shands-Jacksonville Medical Center. Police said the boy suffered head injuries, broken ribs and a broken leg -- serious but not life-threatening injuries.

"We're not certain what the thinking of this 16-year-old was, but clearly he was irresponsible by lying in the roadway -- from what I'm told with a blanket and pillow," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said. "If you're going to rest and wait on the bus, get to the side of the road."

Traffic homicide investigators said there were no skid marks at the scene and no witnesses.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be