Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post
Afflicted (2014)

Damn this was terrible, I could only withstand 20 minutes of the terrible annoying characters and had to turn it off.

Blood Runs Cold (2011)

I actually really enjoyed this one. Was a random watch on Amazon prime and there are plenty of flaws especially the inconsistent times of day but regardless it was a bit different and kept me interested.
I was well impressed with "Blood Runs Cold".
Old 01-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Coherence (2013)

This is a brilliant indie twisted sci-fi thriller that will keep you guessing & engaged to the characters & story as it progress every moment. Kind of reminded me of another great indie sci fi flick The Man from Earth (2007), just for the similar premise of a living room where the film mostly takes place but the story is actually evolving through with much greater & twisted thought provoking contents. In his very first feature film, director James Ward Byrkit truly did a wonderful job here with such limited setting to tell a remarkable sci-fi tale. Absolutely loved it. Emily Baldoni on the lead also got my attention for her stunning beauty, looking forward to see her more regularly in genre films in coming days.

Not sure whether you guys have seen it or not but I'm Highly recommending it! Specially like to hear the feedback from Chrono, NE, Angra, Villain, Straker & Ferox. If you loved Triangle, you'll love it too!
I'll definitely check it out. Thanks Roshiq

Last edited by The Villain; 01-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Evil is Better

Ragnarok

This was surprisingly good. It starts out like an Indiana Jones treasure hunt movie but turns into a full fledged monster movie by the end. The story is pretty good, similar type stories have been done but the viking and Ragnarok aspect gave it a nice creative touch. The characters are good as well as the acting so you actually care about the characters and in turn the story. The monsters really cool also. Its not going to end up on any best monster lists but still a cool monster for the movie. If you're looking for a cool foreign monster movie with a good story, check this out
8/10

Old 01-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
I was well impressed with "Blood Runs Cold".
Awesome, glad I wasnt the only one. Most newer movies I've watched the past couple years have been terrible so was glad to finally see something enjoyable to me.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Whiplash" 9/10

A must-see for fans of drumming, music conservatory students and, of course, people who like movies about music.

Most of all this is a story about the battle between a determined drummer and his music teacher from hell.
This is Miles Teller's movie, but it's another guy who steals the show in each scene he has a dialogue. This guy:

Thumb resize.

J.K. Simmons plays the Gunnery Sgt. Hartman (Full Metal Jacket) of teachers and I'm certain this performance will earn him an Oscar nomination besides Steve Carell (Foxcatcher).

My only issue with this really well made movie, is that I would've liked it to be an hour longer which would have allowed the story to be bigger and continue from the fantastic climatic ending, and tell us what further happens to these two amazing characters instead of just letting the credits roll to what seems like the beginning of something big.

Last edited by Angra; 01-06-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:18 AM
fanged menace

the one i love

pretty sure i saw someone else mention this, a tale of a maried couple in trouble who go away to mend whats broken and their strange weekend away, not so much horror as a weird tale but very enjoyable 7.5/10

kite

a young girls parents are murdered by people traffickers in a futuristic landscape, quite silly in places but well paced and enjoyable for what it is. 7/10
Old 01-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Evil Dead

7/10
Old 01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Evil Sweat

Whiplash (2014)
C+
Not bad but I don't like it as much as Angra does.
Metallica's Whiplash would've made this movie more interesting =P
Old 01-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Evil Dead

Into the Woods (2014)

A witch tasks a baker and his wife to find certain items from intertwining fairytales so that the curse on his family tree can be broken.

The music, acting, scenery, and pretty much everything else was great in this. It gets kinda dark halfway through, but the movie has quite a bit of good humor. It's the best musical film since Les Misérables.

8/10

^ I saw that last Thursday.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Whiplash (2014)
C+
Not bad but I don't like it as much as Angra does.
Metallica's Whiplash would've made this movie more interesting =P
You know, I thought the music would bother me as i find most jazz music utterly dull. But nah, wasn't a problem at all.

Tags
movie