Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Old 06-25-2006, 03:01 PM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Shit! Where've I been? I've got to get my hands on that piece. I tell you what... since it's so cheap, I'll see if I can get it, and as an actual Witch, give you a little feedback.

Would that be cool?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
Shit! Where've I been? I've got to get my hands on that piece. I tell you what... since it's so cheap, I'll see if I can get it, and as an actual Witch, give you a little feedback.

Would that be cool?
That would be wicked cool.

Thanks Haunted.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Yeah, that insight would be great. The last time I saw this, actually, I didn't even pay attention to whatever "observations" the film was making on the nature of witchcraft, because I was busy looking at the images of witches on broomsticks, demons, and hell's caverns. Interesting to see how people imagined these things looking back then.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted

Would that be cool?
so do people actually kiss satan's ass?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
Have you read Fallen Angel? There's a great joke about that which didnt make it into the movie.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 PM
The Queen of Swords

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
According to the Malleus Maelificarum (spell check that) witches, before the Sabbat and before they were "initiated" were supposed to literally kiss the Devil's ass. Also, and this is just ridiculously disturbing, new initiates, instead of getting to join the revelries of the Sabbat (eating babies, eating poop, having sex with demons, sodomy, having oral sex with Satan, etc) were to bend over, clasp their hands around their ankles, and then a long taper candle was inserted into their cornhole and lit. Groovy candle holders, huh? If they moved, a demon would whip them.

The MM was so demented, you have to wonder about the sanity of the two dickheads that wrote it. (I can't remember their names right off hand, but they were both German monks).
Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
The Queen of Swords

Er... I was gonna get that movie today from amazon... put it in the shopping cart and all... however, I started browzing and found these two AMAZING books on Voodoo.

Heh... I love love horror. However, my first passion is always the Occult. So we'll have to wait until I get some more money. So now you understand why my movie collection isn't quite so astounding, while my library is threatening to break my bookshelf.

:D :p
Old 07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Smack My Titties

Haxan is highly original, combining fiction, documentary and animation about 15th & 16th century witchcraft trials.

There are several versions, including a 1967 release with William Burroughs commentary and a tinted re-issue, but all look stunning.