Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 07-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Nah Brothers don't want to see that, it's repulsive, no reason to feel guilty about an accidental walk in. I just don't see it.
Lol I guess you're right that is very absurd.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Lol I guess you're right that is very absurd.
You know, if you had to kill everyone you walked in on... the new horror cliché...

Old 07-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
You know, if you had to kill everyone you walked in on... the new horror cliché...
Well isn't it true that a lot of victims in horror movies get killed while they are in the middle of having sex?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
What horror film topic could we talk about that isn't relatively dumber than hell?

Reading your post here, I'm not sure you read my original post... that is to say, I don't know if you know what we're talking about...

We're not talking about the new 2019 Halloween film. (Which I think you're talking about. ???) I was talking about something someone wrote in Wikipedia about Halloween II (1982) (see original post).
I can read... I am also capable of posting what I wish and if posting my frustration of hearing all things Halloween on a horror message board bothers you, sorry not sorry bro
Old 07-28-2018, 01:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I can read... I am also capable of posting what I wish and if posting my frustration of hearing all things Halloween on a horror message board bothers you, sorry not sorry bro
No problem, Mornbro, I just wasn't sure what you were talking about.

Quote:
Well isn't it true that a lot of victims in horror movies get killed while they are in the middle of having sex?
Oh ya, I guess that does happen a bit. Happened in Terminator.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

At first I thought you were referring to this newer film's production notes which is what prompted me to post but thhen I just left it. Sorry for the confusion
Old 07-30-2018, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I never understood a lot of things about the Halloween films. The plotline pretty much gets made up with every new movie that comes out.

They never even explained WHY he murdered his sister when he was a little boy. Did watching her have sex with her boyfriend and being naked cause him to get his first boner and so he felt he had to kill his sister out of shame and guilt?
Yep. That's how I see it. Myers as child is wearing an all in one clown suit. As an adult he wears an all in one boiler suit. Showing that he is still a child getting a boner and killing women for it. He only kills Bob because he finds him in the closet.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:34 PM
The Original Copycat

Well, given the slew of nonsense plot devices, rebooting, rewriting, turning Michael into Jason-ing, and Busta Rhyming that came after, I consider Halloween 2’s sibling plotline the least of offenses committed by the sequels. As for the reasoning behind “ why “ Michael killed his sister, it’s not boner shame or because he snapped ( that’s Rob Zombie’s garbage plot, y’know, the one where he made almost every character some kind of rapist/sex pervert, and all of them less likable than a hulking serial killer ).

The idea of the original film is based around Samhain, and that evil cannot be stopped. The senseless slaughter of innocent people as a sort of blood offering on a night when demons and ghosts roam free.

Michael Myers is not a person, the name and who he was or what he was like before killing his sister is irrelevant, because he doesn’t exist anymore ( maybe never did ). This is why he is referred to as “ The Shape “. He is pure evil in human form, the outline of a man with nothing inside but the urge to repeat the one act that defines him, a soulless husk capable of neither empathy nor remorse. He can’t be reasoned with, can’t be killed, and the only hint of possibly more going on back there, is a slight head tilt at the aftermath of his deeds. We can’t understand his motivations, because he’s not a human being. That’s part of the mystique of the character, and why it’s still speculated on, been retold so many times, and why he endures as a horror icon. There was never a reason, it’s just what he is.

As for your original question Sculpt,
I think it’s referring to the fact that they added the subplot of Michael and Laurie being related and she had repressed it ( hence the flashback of her seeing him in the hospital ), whereas it was before assumed that he simply chose her because she reminded him of his sister, was the first girl around that age he encountered, or for some more abstract reason, like evil wanting to destroy good and she personified that to him, etc. I think they just worded it strangely.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
So in Halloween (1978) they never said Laurie was Michael's sister? Was it even insinuated in some way?

I just reviewed the plot in wiki... a few of related issues:

1. Laurie's last name is Strode, not Myers, the last name of Michael.

2. Michael follows Laurie because Bobby and Laurie dropped off a key at Michael's old house, where Michael observed them.

3. After Laurie gets a strange call from the Wallace house across the street, where Laurie's friend Lynda is babysitting, Laurie goes over to the house where she finds 3 dead bodies, including Lynda on a bed; at the head of the bed is the gravestone of Michael's older sister, Judith Myers, who Michael killed as a child 15 years earlier.

In all cases, there's no direct information that Laurie is Michael's sister...

But still, the film opens with Michael killing his sister; Michael "waits" for a specified time and then goes back home to Haddonfield days before Halloween, the day he killed his sister Judith; Michael follows Laurie around, but not Bobby; Laurie is about the age of Judith when she was killed. I think there is an indirect insinuation that Laurie is a sister or sister-figure of Michael.
I believe there are a few different versions of the original Halloween. I need to check the wiki. But I recall some edits for TV that also helped tie the movie in with Halloween 2. I think most of the scenes were with Loomis.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:54 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
I never understood a lot of things about the Halloween films. The plotline pretty much gets made up with every new movie that comes out.

They never even explained WHY he murdered his sister when he was a little boy. Did watching her have sex with her boyfriend and being naked cause him to get his first boner and so he felt he had to kill his sister out of shame and guilt?

Evil has no explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha