Old 11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Evil Dead

Alice Project...

The movie in "development hell" for a while now...meant to be based on the game "American McGee's Alice", "Dark Wonderland" was one potential title...I would really like to see this one come to life, but it seems to have dropped off the radar...
Anyone have any updates, or any ideas where it stands at this point? Has it officially been dropped to the point of no return?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:25 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

currently in production in British Columbia - starring Sarah Michelle Gellar - directed by Marcus Nispel, director of the TCM remake - slated for a July '07 release

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Evil Dead

Cool to hear...the TCM remake was quite ok in my opinion.
Gotta say, I'm getting a little fucking sick of Gellar, as though they couldn't have found someone better. Fairuza Balk woulda worked, to mention but one of many...good to hear it's underway though.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:12 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Lindsay Lohan even... Sorry, that was vile.

Why not a nice British actress?

I'm interested to see how this pans out, having read the book(s) and done the game. Of course, I'm most interested in the Cheshire Cat, what with him having always been my favorite character... Come to think of it, what are they going to do with all of them. Should be a ride (hopefully not a disaster).
Old 11-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Evil Dead

Tim Curry could probably voice the "Alice" Cheshire cat, wouldn't have to shave much off his "pennywise" to do it perfectly.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Fear scented candle

I can think of several actors that would be better than miss prinze jr, if for no ther reason than she is pushing 30 and Alice in the game is early teens... But maybe. She isnt an awful actress, so there is hope.

I mean, jesus, if they were looking older, they may as well gone with Christina "Wednesday Adams" Ricci instead. She already has a good portion of the look.

Fort any and all CGI or other effects-based characters, i think they should go with as many in game voice actors as possible. The cheshire cat in the game was perfect :)