Old 10-05-2003, 03:33 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Thumbs up House of 1000 corpses

Just watched this movie to day and thought it was pretty decent. Although I think rob went a little over bored with the directing for example the werid ass clips in between scenes and the messed up color cuts, I just think he got a little carried away. The movie was very enjoyable especilay Spaulding, Dr.Satan and Father (the guy with the big ass axe and the gas mask thing). Baby was sexy but annoying and otis was one sick fuck. I give it a 4 out of 5
Old 10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I don't give a damn what anyone says, it kicked ass. Bill Moseley is a credit to the horror genre. He's a nice guy too.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Hellraiser

I already posted what I thought of this movie in another thread but just to clarify if you don't want to look for the other one.

Quote:
that is one of my new favorites. Though I am a rather big fan of Rob Zombie and I waited 5 years for this movie to be finished. I have to say that if you didn't like House of 1000 corpses that you must not like some of the similiar genre like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the like?

Anyways, everyone has an opinion but that's mine, take it as you will. I will stand by to say that House of 1000 Corpses was still one of the best I've seen in awhile.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I don't give a damn what anyone says, it kicked ass. Bill Moseley is a credit to the horror genre. He's a nice guy too.
Damn right this movie kicks ass.. With the budget of the movie I think Zombie did a great job... The 2nd one is going to be a higher of budget and be more in depth of the characters and Dr. Satan which should be good..
Old 10-05-2003, 05:54 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Well I tried to find a thread but this site has a messed up way of finding old threads.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to scare_queen Send a message via Yahoo to scare_queen
I really liked this movie. the first time i saw it was on video and I was thinkin it was gonna be more gory than it was. Then I saw the texas chainsaw massacre for the first time last week (don't know why I never got around to seeing it!) and I saw all the similarities. I heard the second one is supposed to be excellent. It's a great directing job by Rob Zombie. He's a sick fuck, but he sure does make a good movie :p
Old 10-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to Deadbodyman
I too liked to movie! I also was anticipating this movie since the talks of it being made. The only let down was the similarity to Texas chainsaw massacre. I am a huge fan of that movie too, but i was kinda let down that Rob Zombie had to follow that movie so closely. I would have liked to see something a little more original. thats just me. But like i said i really liked it, and i am looking forward to the sequal!!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Well I tried to find a thread but this site has a messed up way of finding old threads.
The thread wasn't just about House of 1000 Corpses, that may or may not have been the reason it was harder to find. :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadbodyman
The only let down was the similarity to Texas chainsaw massacre.
I wouldn't call that a let down in my opinion. There are various styles and such to horror movies, and it was based on the same timeline and such, and yes it did involve a family....BUT that does not make it any less original or followed another movie too closely. But again that's me, there's a certain flare for movies in that sort of genre of the horror scene. Anyways, that's just how I view it, take it as you will. :D
Old 10-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Evil Dead

Personally I loved this movie. I thought it would be much more gory, but the lack of was actually a good thing. And of course it has to be one of the craziest movies I've ever seen. Can't wait for the sequel.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:27 PM
LeatherFace666

I really liked House Of 1000 Corpses. I can't wait till the second one. They just need to have more of Spaulding.