Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-02-2015, 04:13 PM
That fucking Guy...

Gotham - Season 2

Has anybody been watching?

I feel like it's majorly picked up since the last season...it's grown into a very "Batman universe" feeling series.
The dialogue has got better, the storyline is more engaging, the Bruce/Alfred (and now Lucius) dynamic is going to be great.

I enjoyed the first series for the better part, but it's really made some amazing steps so far this season.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Evil Dead

I'm enjoying the teenage joker. It is better so far this season. It was barely tolerable last season. Gordon isn't that great of a character. And the actor who plays him doesn't have much range. The new villains make it a lot better.

SPOILERS FOR season 2 episode 2:

The kids not being set aflame in the school bus...if Gordon thwarts the majority of the planned violence its going to get dull very fast. If they stick with the story that things should continue to get worse and worse forcing Batman to appear a decade or so from the present story. That would be good.

END SPOILERS
Old 10-19-2015, 06:00 AM
Banned

I don't watch Gotham so I don't know if it has already happened or it is going to happen but it is all over the internet about Alfred slapping Selena Kyle. Who the hell turned Alfred into a child abusing lunatic? I mean Alfred has always been a gentle spirit who would never strike anyone, let alone a child. It is reasons like this why I gave up on the show so early in season 1. The writers clearly spend too much time thinking of what to spend their millions on to actually do research into the characters to get their looks and personality right, and the whole time table right as well.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I don't watch Gotham so I don't know if it has already happened or it is going to happen but it is all over the internet about Alfred slapping Selena Kyle. Who the hell turned Alfred into a child abusing lunatic? I mean Alfred has always been a gentle spirit who would never strike anyone, let alone a child. It is reasons like this why I gave up on the show so early in season 1. The writers clearly spend too much time thinking of what to spend their millions on to actually do research into the characters to get their looks and personality right, and the whole time table right as well.
I stopped watching, but he's not the only one they changed. Gordon's 'real' wife in the comics SPOILER: is a psychopath in the show.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Banned

well they also cast the guy who should have been the joker as the penguin and Harvey Dent is in it which makes no sense at this point. I also couldn't stand the guy playing Gordon. This show is just awful all around.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
well they also cast the guy who should have been the joker as the penguin and Harvey Dent is in it which makes no sense at this point. I also couldn't stand the guy playing Gordon. This show is just awful all around.
Yeah he's fairly bad. I liked who they had as the joker, he's in general very good actor.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Spooky Scary Skeletons

It's alright if you consider it as it's own alternate universe. Second season started going bad though when SPOILER: they killed off Jerome and made Edward kill Kringle. It looks like Penguin may be the only saving grace this season. Damn Court of Owls plot.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Evil is Better

I gave on on this show. Its become really boring and just painful to watch

Old 12-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Scholar

I don't see Gotham as horror as much as I see it as horrible. I understand the direction that they tried to go, but I gave up after three episodes. I like the idea of an origin story for our DC hero and his super villian rivals, but the execution was terrible.