Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2005, 04:42 PM
I Am Male.

I've always enjoyed this one, but never thought of it among Corman's best.
Probably the first "dark comedy" horror flick, there was alot of controversy in this film, that it was shot in TWO DAYS. Which is kindof hard to believe seeing as how the plant got bigger, and bigger, who would do that much work in two days?
Corman is known for doing two films at the same time, and doing them fast, so who really knows.
Also Nicholson kindof got overrated in this one, making him the star of the film when he wasn't even the main role, I guess Corman really liked him.
I mean Corman brought Francis Ford Coppola into stardom, so he had great taste.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 AM
Evil Dead

There's a huge space on my shelf that's stacked with Roger Corman DVDs. Been a loyal fan since seeing the Poe series he did with Vincent Price and Ray Milland. It's truly impressive how he manages to put out all these movies in such short time and miniscule budget. And on such good quality. Listening to his commentary of the films is always an enjoyable pasttime. Here is one director who skillfully combines production-sense and artistic vision. After having seen all the Poe series first before Little Shop of Horrors, there was no more doubt in my mind of Corman's capabilities...

By the way, has anyone heard about a project that involves many horror directors like John Carpenter, George Romero, etc...and maybe even Corman, each directing a short horror picture?