Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Love is like dying

yes i liked the old movie it, but i watched the movie a while ago and i think it would be good to revamp it. i would love to see a remake with a new look to it.but i love tim curry as penny wise.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Culte des Mortes

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
yes i liked the old movie it, but i watched the movie a while ago and i think it would be good to revamp it. i would love to see a remake with a new look to it.but i love tim curry as penny wise.
Yea, He really made the movie
Old 08-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Living Dead

Now this is a remake I would definitely see! I didn't care too much for the original so seeing how that would mix stuff up would be cool
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
haikujunkie

Tim Curry will be impossible to replace as Pennywise, but I do think IT would be worth revamping. It's one's of King's best novels. And this time, I wanna see a giant turtle and the dead lights.

Also, I think a law needs to be passed that only Frank Daranbot should be allowed to adapt Stephen King's material. He's the only one who can do any justice at all to King's work.

Having said all that . . . no matter who does it, no matter how terrible it may be, I'll be on board to see it. Because I'm a diehard Stephen King fan girl.

"Where there is no imagination, there is no horror."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Scares Little Kids

I wouldn't mind them remaking it, as long as they did it right. I hate when the remakes suck a$$, because in-a-way, it's like they're harming the actual movie that they tried to improve. And alot of times, if the remakes suck, then people won't want to take the time to watch the actual one; thinking that it's bad just like the remake. But if they do it right, it could be interesting and maybe even good.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by yblehsspot View Post
I wouldn't mind them remaking it, as long as they did it right. I hate when the remakes suck a$$, because in-a-way, it's like they're harming the actual movie that they tried to improve. And alot of times, if the remakes suck, then people won't want to take the time to watch the actual one; thinking that it's bad just like the remake. But if they do it right, it could be interesting and maybe even good.
I hope a lot of people don't think that way. That's a pretty ignorant and lazy way of thinking if you ask me.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I hope a lot of people don't think that way. That's a pretty ignorant and lazy way of thinking if you ask me.
Sad thing is, alot of people I know do think that way. I've been trying to get them to open up and watch the movies, but they refuse to. Grrr...So many people I know are super narrow-minded :mad:
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Sad thing is, alot of people I know do think that way. I've been trying to get them to open up and watch the movies, but they refuse to. Grrr...So many people I know are super narrow-minded :mad:
Same here. A lot of people i know, especially those my age, don't seem to want to watch older movies which is a real shame.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Same here. A lot of people i know, especially those my age, don't seem to want to watch older movies which is a real shame.
That is soo true and I know exactly what you mean. It's like alot of people don't have appreation(sp) for the older ones. Even though the older ones- I feel- were alot better at times, since they left alot more to your imgination(sp) and ended up being better for it. When now they show you every little thing, and it kinda ruins the effects that the movies are trying to achieve.
Ps. Sorry if my spelling sucks today.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
That is soo true and I know exactly what you mean. It's like alot of people don't have appreation(sp) for the older ones. Even though the older ones- I feel- were alot better at times, since they left alot more to your imgination(sp) and ended up being better for it. When now they show you every little thing, and it kinda ruins the effects that the movies are trying to achieve.
Ps. Sorry if my spelling sucks today.
Sometimes i like it when they leave things to your imagination, other times i don't but usually i enjoy the older movies because there just seems to be more respect, emotion and passion involved with them instead of the money driven machines we have making some movies nowadays. Don't worry about the spelling, my grammar is always messed up. ;)

Back to the original point, if they do in fact make this i hope it stays true to the novel and i hope they get someone good to play Pennywise. As much as i enjoyed Tim Curry there really is no point on reusing him because we've seen that already and the point of a remake is to do things differently.