Old 10-23-2018, 09:06 AM
Banned

Since I lost all this weight though I feel like I have the sagging old body of a 50 or 60 year old man. For 37 that's not very good but I just have to keep at it. I have only had Constant access to workout equipment since I moved to Vegas and lately that building has been closed because they are renovating the laundry room. I have been walking a lot lately though since the weather is cooling off.

Last edited by Morningriser; 10-23-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Since I lost all this weight though I feel like I have the sagging old body of a 50 or 60 year old man. For 37 that's not very good but I just have to keep at it. I have only had Constant access to workout equipment since I moved to Vegas and lately that building has been closed because they are renovating the laundry room. I have been walking a lot lately though since the weather is cooling off.
Yeah I understand because I am only 28 and I have no muscle tone and my body is very flabby. My dietitian is actually worried about how I seem to be loosing muscle mass. I guess I just need to exercise more but I hate exercise.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned

Try weightlifting in some form or another. I have been working with cable weights for the past four and a half months and I went from having practically no upper body muscle mass 2 having visible results and I just feel better in general. You should also keep in mind that exercising such as sit ups and push-ups and such are for weight loss purposes but they can also tighten up your muscles. Weight training will build up your muscles, which weigh more than fat does so if you start working out and don't lose any weight, you will put on a little extra weight But if you are also dieting and exercising it will even out.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Try weightlifting in some form or another. I have been working with cable weights for the past four and a half months and I went from having practically no upper body muscle mass 2 having visible results and I just feel better in general. You should also keep in mind that exercising such as sit ups and push-ups and such are for weight loss purposes but they can also tighten up your muscles. Weight training will build up your muscles, which weigh more than fat does so if you start working out and don't lose any weight, you will put on a little extra weight But if you are also dieting and exercising it will even out.
I will keep that in mind! I really do need to build muscle.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:22 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I've needed to drop weight for a few years now, since they told me I'm diabetic and have high blood pressure. Changing your eating habits is very hard mentally. In fact, my doctor had suggested I see a therapist for my "food issues".
I don't think anyone really needs to see a therapist about it...or that one could help by more than making some suggestions anyway.
Even with appetite suppressants you can still physiologically "feel like eating".

I eat when I'm bored. Anxious. Upset. Is that an eating disorder? Greed? Something like some weird self soothing behaviour?
No clue.
It's still gonna be a thing, even when I'm eating less/healthier.
Though you do find after doing it successfully for a bit, you actually get hungry a lot less...but it's that passive eating thats a harder brain re-train, was/is for me anyway.

Ha, my best self control is to just not buy any of the "bad" stuff or have it around, because I can't stop thinking about it when it is.
You're right though, it's way hard - the exercise thing is a lot easier by comparison.

Well cool. I'm not about to be posting any body shots, but good luck to you, me, us all.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Banned

Cheeba, if you are going to compare your eating habits to one of the seven deadly sins, it would be gluttony. Gluttony has to do with the over ingesting of not just food but pretty much anything. I would say you sound like the typical human being. I used to eat when I felt the same ways but since I had my gastric surgery I don't eat very much at all.

I could actually see somebody going to a therapist for having an eating disorder. I need look at all the people who go 2 see therapist and psychiatrist or whatever to stop smoking. They get hypnotized and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If an eating disorder is a psychological disorder perhaps medicine could help but I don't know. Back when I ate way too much I never really thought about it but I think most of mine came from nerves of everything I went through as a child which made me large at an early age. I was always a chubby kid but in my early teens when a lot of physical abuse started, I started eating a lot more and it continued until I finally did something about it.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:02 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I actually used to be really skinny as a kid up until I was 14 and I started putting on more and more pounds because I was taking medications like Risperdal which caused me to gain a lot of weight as a negative side effect.

Like you I really didn't start loosing weight until after I had surgery for my galbladder and being taken off Risperdal helped a lot.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:09 PM
Banned

I've had my gallbladder removed as well as my appendix, tonsils and adenoids. I was prescribed Risperdal once. I actually tried to kill myself with it after I found out my ex was cheating on me. Just one would knock me out all day and I took over 51 night and drink a 12-pack of Mickey's on top of that. Somehow I woke up the next morning and wasn't even hungover. I should have died but I didn't. That's the only thing that makes meateater between atheism and being agnostic. Somehow I feel like divine intervention could have played a role there.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Here's a pic of me wearing a seashell necklace I handmade.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

What dark secrets lurk behind that innocent baby face?