Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
HDC Idol

Pseudopod - Horror Fiction Podcast

I couldn't decide whether or not I should post it here or under Music, but here goes...

Pseudopod is a Horror Fiction Podcast

Description taken from their website:

WARNING: This is a podcast of horror fiction. The stories presented here are intended to disturb. They are likely to contain death, graphic violence, explicit sex (including sexual violence), hate crimes, blasphemy, or other themes and images that hook deep into your psyche. We do not provide ratings or content warnings. We assume by your listening that you wish to be disturbed for your entertainment. If there are any themes that you cannot deal with in fiction, that are too strongly personal to you, please do not listen.

I'm currently addicted - Each episode is around 30 minutes and features a piece of short horror fiction read by either the author or a voice talent.

Homepage: http://pseudopod.org/

You can also download it from the iTunes Store.

Great for listening when you're driving home late at night... Or if you can't fall asleep... OR, if you're like me and you're looking for a little inspiration when it comes to writing.

I definitely recommend it and would love to hear what you guys think!

Related, there is also:
Escape Pod (Science Fiction): http://escapepod.org/
PodCastle (Fantasy): http://podcastle.org/

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Evil Dead

I must be the only teenager in the world that hates sex scenes in movies. I'll watch them, but they're not fun to watch, and rape scenes particularly disturb me. Hell, I almost walked out of A Clockwork Orange (despite the fact that I've read the book and the movie is in my top 10 movies of all time). Don't even really like hearing about it.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I must be the only teenager in the world that hates sex scenes in movies. I'll watch them, but they're not fun to watch, and rape scenes particularly disturb me. Hell, I almost walked out of A Clockwork Orange (despite the fact that I've read the book and the movie is in my top 10 movies of all time). Don't even really like hearing about it.
Yeah, I can't do rape or exploitation either - I haven't been able to finish Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, or The Devil's Rejects for that reason. Those movies just make me feel uncomfortable.

That being said, the few episodes that I've listened to haven't been at all gory or violent (sexually violent or otherwise); more on the creepy side of the spectrum. I just thought that their "Warning" is funny (I guess it's there to cover their ass).

Definitely check it out! Like any collection of short fiction, some episodes are better than others, but overall it's fun to listen to.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yeah, I can't do rape or exploitation either - I haven't been able to finish Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, or The Devil's Rejects for that reason. Those movies just make me feel uncomfortable.

That being said, the few episodes that I've listened to haven't been at all gory or violent (sexually violent or otherwise); more on the creepy side of the spectrum. I just thought that their "Warning" is funny (I guess it's there to cover their ass).

Definitely check it out! Like any collection of short fiction, some episodes are better than others, but overall it's fun to listen to.
I struggled to finished the Last House on the Left. I saw both versions, and I honestly liked the remake more.

I've never seen I Spit on your Grave, but I've definitely heard of it. I've also seen A Serbian Film (I reacted to that on my channel if you wanna check it out :P), and I've been wanting to see The Devil's Rejects because I've heard it's pretty good even though I don't particularly care for Rob Zombie's films.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Evil Dead

Also, thank you for reminding me what protists use to move around (psuedopod). I have no clue why I was trying to remember that).