Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 06-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Sound Designer

Free Demo of Horror Game, Through the Woods

Hello there, horror fans.

This is going to seem like the most shameless advertising, but rest assured I do have the grace to feel a little ashamed.

I work for a small game studio in Oslo, Norway, and we have made a game called Through the Woods. It's a psychological horror game set in a forest on the west shore of Norway and centres on a mother who is trying to solve the mystery surrounding the disappearance of her son.

We have a completely free alpha demo of the game available for Windows, Mac and Linux, are are basically interested in getting feedback from horror fans and the horror community at large.

Here is a link to our website where you can download the demo: http://antagonist.no/woods-prototype-download/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I guess the best place to comment would be right here, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks a lot for reading, hopefully I've gone about this the right way. If you have any questions or if there is some essential information I've missed out, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dan
www.antagonist.no
Old 06-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Indie Games & Horror

That was amazing!! Loved it so much! Really looking forward to this being finished. It was really, really good.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Sound Designer

Hey, Joe.

Thanks a lot. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Were there any parts of the demo you didn't think were so good?

Dan
www.antagonist.no
Old 06-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Indie Games & Horror

Oops, sorry for my late reply. Things have been crazy.

The only thing I can think of is that the voice acting could've been better. It didn't seem completely genuine. Other than that, it was a really great game and I had a lot of fun with it. I would play a lot more of it.

Also, I am extremely grateful for gamepad support. I didn't expect the game to have it, since some PC games still don't have the option to switch from keyboard + mouse.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Sound Designer

Hey.

No problem, thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it! We all prefer to play with controllers here, so it's a must for us. :)

Thanks again, sir!

Dan
www.antagonist.no
Old 09-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Little Boo

This demo is great ! Is there any chance for this to be developed in unity ?
Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Scares Little Kids

Thumbs up Waiting for the updated demo version

Looking forward in playing the updated demo! The screen shots are looking pretty damn good. What game engine have you used?

Tags
horror game, linux, mac, windows