Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Evil Dead

Black Christmas: The Remake

Another damned remake in the works...is there nothing original left in Hollywood?

Glen Morgan to Remake Black Christmas
Source: Variety , The Hollywood Reporter
March 31, 2005

Copper Heart Entertainment has announced that 2929 Productions has picked up the right to the 1974 horror film "Black Christmas" with James Wong and Glenn Morgan, creators of "Final Destination", to produce the film. Morgan will write and direct the remake after the duo finishes up "Cheating Death: Final Destination 3", which is currently filming in Vancouver. Previously, Morgan had directed the 2003 remake of the '70s horror film "Willard" with Crispin Glover.

The original "Black Christmas" was directed by Bob Clark ("Porky's") and starred Olympia Hussey, Keir Dullea, and Margot Kidder. It was a precursor to the slasher flicks like "Friday the 13th" and "Halloween" as it showed what happened when a sorority house was terrorized by a killer over Christmas break.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
I'm gonna remake every horror movie ever made and you know what..... people would still buy tickets
Old 04-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Undead

Does it ever end.......
First they touch TCM, now this?!
*breaks down hysterically*
Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Horror Fan

Glen Morgan and James Wong are in-fucking-credible writers (as is Morgan's little brother Darin). Even though I hate re-makes, I think they'll do it justice.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Banned

i recently watched this film ...
it doesnt hold up as well as it did when i first saw it years and years ago... there's been too much since.

I dont have a problem with it being remade ... but i wonder why anyone would bother ...

it's just another slasher film .. its definately in the family of 'closing the barn door after the horse has run off'
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
wookie

Thumbs up Black Christmas

this movie was excellent, you can definately see the influence it had on Halloween (it was made in 1974, ie five years earlier)..

and then of course Halloween influenced Friday the 13th.. Scream yadayada..

it managed to be really moody and tense whilst saving the slashing to the end. You dont even see the villian until then, you just hear his creepy voice on the phone. It's a film version of the old 'stalker in the house' urban legend, but its really well done, I doubt the remake will be as good (judging by all the bad ones etc TCM, Psycho 2000 etc etc), but then Final Destination wasnt bad at all so hears hoping..