Old 01-04-2019, 09:51 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
TOMBSTONE (1993). Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer are terrific as Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday respectively and despite the town/people looking remarkably clean for that era, this is a Grade A western with an excellent supporting cast. ****1/2

Have any of the HDC clan seen WYATT EARP with Kevin Costner and offer thoughts? My wife wants to shop and compare Earps...like Kurt in just about anything, but Kevin hasn't really impressed me...Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Wyatt Earp is the "better" movie, Tombstone was more entertaining though I thought.
I'm not sure I ever saw Wyatt Earp. But an excellent film on the Earp story is My Darling Clementine (1946) by John Ford starring Henry Fonda. I liked Tombstone better.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post

And if you think these kinds of movies are in anyway good films I suggest you immediately go see a therapist and should legally be required to stay away from children.

Hangman, 2015. 6/10

Thumb resize.

Triangle, 2009. 7/10

Old 01-04-2019, 03:26 PM
ventricle

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
7/10

Fresh from a bloody murder scene, police bring an unidentified young lady to the small town corner, a father (Brian Cox) and son (Emile Hirsch) team, for an emergency late night autopsy. Things get a little supernatural. From director André Øvredal of Trollhunter (2010) fame.

With the very flattering reviews I've seen for this film, I was expecting a lot more. The film is a well made horror flick... nice dose of slow reveal, traditional mild suspense, jump scares and gore and special effects. The aforementioned slow reveal over the course of an autopsy is mildly refreshing as well. However, the character development is rather shallow and unresolved. The little we get to know about the characters is disappointingly irrelevant to the film's conclusion. The ending was all too cliqué and tame for such a promisingly original start.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-05-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Wyatt Earp is the "better" movie, Tombstone was more entertaining though I thought.
agreed
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 AM
That fucking Guy...

Sup?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:39 AM
病気の

The Bliss, 2018. 7/10
Director, James Bell

Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

“The Ritual” 6/10

Great looking monster. That’s about it.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Anybody who enjoys or participates ina film about torturing babies is a piece of trash. It’s purely for shock value and they do it cause the rest of the film is literal trash so they put something it to make people talk about it. I understand the need to make your film standout and generate word of mouth but there are better ways to do so.

And if you think these kinds of movies are in anyway good films I suggest you immediately go see a therapist and should legally be required to stay away from children.

Now all this is just my thoughts and opinions and I would say sorry for offending anybody but I’m not.
I totally agree my friend. Like I said, in a Serbian film, I did think it went a bit too far but you could see how it was clearly done for shock value. Let's say in this film, which I didn't even get halfway through mind you, so it's hard to tell what else is in there that I just didn't see. Let's say that the guy just held some fake baby over top of the actress, where I haven't even describe the color yet but the colors were black and red. This was an art-house film so the entire thing was a dangerous trip. But it wasn't just an obvious fake baby. Despite the colors, you could still see the entire outline and texture of the baby and there was just clumps of blood dripping and then when the artery thing happened I lost my shit. And like I said as well, the artwork for the movie, which I had never even heard of until I found it on popcorn time the other day, said it was from a 2 disc DVD collection. Why in the fucking hell would something like that be so popular it would necessitate a second disc of bonus features?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:01 PM
No, fuck YOU

“El Pacto” 5/10
Old 01-06-2019, 12:02 PM
病気の

Aquaman, 2018. 7/10

Director: James Wan

Tags
movie