Old 10-14-2017, 05:04 AM
病気の

Friday The 13th, 2009. 7/10

Old 10-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

Livid
Old 10-14-2017, 12:20 PM
Evil Dead

Boys In The Trees I loved it and I'm never this excited when I see a horror movie. I wouldn't say it's a slasher type of horror. It has many horror and eerie elements to it, taken place on Halloween night. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday since I was a young kid. It's a coming of age story and it's about friendship, the future and it portrays how some people you hang out with tend to influence you and cloud your judgement. I could tell the whole time I was watching it that the main character was very unhappy with his life choices and how he wanted to better himself as a person. I wouldn't want to spoil it, but it was very very interesting, held my attention and I loved the feel that I got from it. It's on my list of DVD's to buy for sure.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:17 PM
病気の

Gremlin, 2017. 4/10

Hahahahahaha, every character was incredibility stupid. Emotionless tripe. I can't really go on and I can't be bothered to click spoiler mode and talk about this movie. Hahahaha.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017)
A-
Solid crime drama with some brutal violence and an excellent Vince Vaughn. Perhaps his best performance yet.
From the writer/director of Bone Tomahawk. I'm already looking forward to his next movie: Dragged Across Concrete. Another crime-drama with Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson as cops becoming criminals.
One annoying bit, there a scene during broad daylight that's ruined by the blue-grey lense thing they applied, making it look to dark. But it's a short scene.

The Babysitter (2017)
B
Entertaining horror-comedy. It's about a geeky 12-year old and his babysitter. Knowing more would spoil things.
Netflix certainly got the colouring right. Guess they read the article on Cracked.
Thanks, I want to check out both of these films.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Gremlin, 2017. 4/10

Hahahahahaha, every character was incredibility stupid. Emotionless tripe. I can't really go on and I can't be bothered to click spoiler mode and talk about this movie. Hahahaha.
That is a nice looking shot you posted there though...

Old 10-14-2017, 04:38 PM
病気の

Brawl in Cell Block 99, 2017. 8,5/10

A great film. Vince Vaughn is magnificent. Showing time a little over two hours seemed perfect to tell the story. Excellent!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:59 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Babysitter (2017)

Pretty entertaining slasher-comedy. Though found that end credit scene with a "Twist" totally unnecessary & bullshit.

>>: B+

Wind River (2017)

This is a beautifully made, a very good crime-drama set around the investigation of a murder of a young Native American woman on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Story & character wise, I found it better & more compelling than the director (Taylor Sheridan)'s earlier films HELL OR HIGH WATER (2016) & SICARIO (2015) where he served as the writer. This time he did both writing & directing job here and I'm now very much looking forward to see his more films in future. One of the best films of 2017, IMO.

>>: A-

My only frustration while watching WIND RIVER was to find Jon Bernthal again here doing a small role. I just don't get it...whether he's got a bad agent or the Hollywood people still doesn't feel confident enough to put him in a lead for a movie?! Because though he already shown his acting talent in THE WALKING DEAD & THE PUNISHER TV series and I think he's one of the few extremely talented actors that came out in last 10 years or so from TV, Indie & big studio movies combined but still haven't got any big break in movies. Is still TV Persona affects the career for an actor/actress in mainstream movies?! The same thing more or less goes for Jon Hamm also who at least this year got a kind of an important role in Edgar Wright's BABY DRIVER where again Jon Bernthal appeared in a very small & insignificant role!

Last edited by roshiq; 10-15-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:04 AM
病気の

Unhinged, 2017. 6/10

Old 10-15-2017, 03:02 PM
病気の

Dark Ride, 2006. 7/10

The Forsaken,2001. 7/10

Tags
movie