Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2020, 11:35 AM
No, fuck YOU

7500 (2019) 8/10

Now this is how you make a low budget movie.

The whole thing took place in a cockpit and I'm sure most of the budget went to the salary of Joseph Gordon-Levitt who, of course, was rock solid.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

The Beach House (2019) 7-8/10

Wow, this was not a zombie movie? OH HAPPY DAY!!!
And another thing. It didn't contain a single jump scare. Magnificent!

If you can get past the first 20 minutes of slow build-up there's actually a good horror movie waiting. Especially fans of "Slither" might enjoy it, even though it's not on the same budget or has as much action. But it has some really nasty moments and some creepy scenes with crawling people, which reminded me of the cellar scene in Salems Lot (1979) where the undead comes crawling towards the open door. Haven't been this creeped out since the woman in the sewers in "Apostle". Nice.

I only wish The Beach House had more of the good stuff. Because that stuff was really good.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:16 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
The Beach House (2019) 7-8/10

Wow, this was not a zombie movie? OH HAPPY DAY!!!
And another thing. It didn't contain a single jump scare. Magnificent!

If you can get past the first 20 minutes of slow build-up there's actually a good horror movie waiting. Especially fans of "Slither" might enjoy it, even though it's not on the same budget or has as much action. But it has some really nasty moments and some creepy scenes with crawling people, which reminded me of the cellar scene in Salems Lot (1979) where the undead comes crawling towards the open door. Haven't been this creeped out since the woman in the sewers in "Apostle". Nice.

I only wish The Beach House had more of the good stuff. Because that stuff was really good.
I watched this tonight. Yep, i liked it too.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:27 PM
Evil Dead

House of Blood (aka Chain Reaction) - A bit of gore here and there makes it fun, but the story is pretty forgettable stuff.

Think of how the vampires from the Titty Twister now live in a old timey house in the woods. And ever so often, a bunch of prisoners drop in from the worst prison transports ever. (Soooo... Anyone on the care list? Not really.) I'm pretty sure there is something at the end that was supposed to be a twist, it's just that by then I was too zoned out to care.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:16 AM
Little Boo

Niewidzialny człowiek

When Cecilia's abusive ex takes his own life and leaves her his fortune, she suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of coincidences turn lethal, Cecilia works to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.

Niewidzialny człowiek (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051906/

https://vodfilmy.pl/wp-content/uploa...aj-300x170.jpg

Niewidzialny człowiek 2020
Old 07-19-2020, 06:54 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Pickaxe
Old 07-19-2020, 07:15 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobronte View Post
When Cecilia's abusive ex takes his own life and leaves her his fortune, she suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of coincidences turn lethal, Cecilia works to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.

Niewidzialny człowiek (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051906/

https://vodfilmy.pl/wp-content/uploa...aj-300x170.jpg

Niewidzialny człowiek 2020
It helps if you write the english title. Otherwise people might not give a shit.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Evil Dead

Smile Biggest Spider

I found this as a freebie on Prime with commercials, and thought it looked funny in an over the top way, and it is. It is a comedy parodying the monster movies with good over the top humor and dialogue. The giant spider is overall cool looking, while the CGI fx are not in the highest quality, but are still good enough to keep the movie interesting and entertaining. They are also better than the cheap CGI fx that you can tell are computer animated and added to the picture, despite that last one might not be saying much. It is not a masterpiece, but it's not meant to be. It is just a good parody on the monster movies for when you feel like that sort of thing.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:25 PM
ventricle

1922 (2017) (Netflix)
7/10

In 1922, a farming husband and father of a teen son is tempted to end his wife.

It's technically solid, with textbook camera shots, fine acting, and plenty of gloomy cinematography. It's all just so, so, so familiar. It's your classic Edgar Allen Poe tale, à la The Tell-Tale Heart... without the poetry; told in rather melancholy Steven King narration style. There's no surprises for the second-time-around horror fan.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-19-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:26 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
1922 (2017) (Netflix)
7/10

In 1922, a farming husband and father of a teen son is tempted to end his wife.

It's technically solid, with textbook camera shots, fine acting, and plenty of gloomy cinematography. It's all just so, so, so familiar. It's your classic Edgar Allen Poe tale, à la The Tell-Tale Heart... without the poetry; told in rather melancholy Steven King narration style. There's no surprises for the second-time-around horror fan.
Really enjoyed this film and I know its a horror movie but boy is it bleak.

Tags
movie