Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Evil Dead

Morgan (2016)
I.M.D.B.
A corporate risk-management consultant must decide whether or not to terminate an artificially created humanoid being.

Mediocre. Kate Mara's performance is boring, Paul Giamatti's psyche assessment scene is baffling, and the movie never goes anywhere interesting. A few solid performances, namely from Rose Leslie (who's proving to be extremely talented) manages to keep it vaguely interesting.
6/10
Old 01-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Evil Sweat

Death Race 2050 (2017)
B/C
Fast, violent and over the top.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Shadow

LOVE IT. Love everything about it. Or at least... I may be fangirl trash, but... God help me Alec Baldwin was one sexy mofo in this.

Okay I know the story needed work, even from a non-comic reader standpoint, but on its own I thought it was very well done. Some mystery, couple of fights, bit of romance that wasn't complete garbage and a female lead that wasn't useless arm candy, Tim Curry as himself. It has several good points that I don't understand how this movie had gone under my radar all my life until I caught it on tv some years ago.

I would've loved to have seen a prequel to this and this had been the sequel or something. Just so much about the Shadow's past that was very vague and went through quick. I like the whole diabolical tyrant going hero thing, but that had to be one hell of a transaction. What could they have possibly said to convince him to give up his murder habit?? And I gotta say the monk-like people who decided to train him in the first place wasn't too bright about deciding who to give knowledge of this god-like talent to. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had later asked Hitler to join the fold.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Evil Dead

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - The first half would be a good episode of Supernatural or Constantine, with the pretty corpse, mystical diagrams, and Bible scriptures. The second half is a mess of jump scares, heartfelt speeches, and plot holes. To me it looks like the script was written by a committee, or it was revised after the start of filming. And I'm really tired of radios that create music on their own and exploding light fixtures. Those are less Supernatural and more like an episode of Friday the 13th - the Series. 7/10
Old 01-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Evil Dead

Sauna (2008)
I.M.D.B.
As a 25-year war between Russia and Sweden concludes, two brothers who are part of an effort to outline new border accords become undone by their actions, and their mistreatment of a young woman during their journey.

Interesting movie. Well shot, good dialogue and acting. Editing was strange, leaving me confused a lot. Maybe a repeat viewing would explain more, as I was generally confused as to what was going on.
6.5/10
Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016) (3D)
I.M.D.B.
When Jacob discovers clues to a mystery that stretches across time, he finds Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the danger deepens after he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers.

What the fuck was this movie? A woman keeps a bunch of 'peculiar' children in a time loop forever, reliving the same day over and over, and she's not the villain of the story? Much of this movie was incredibly dumb.
I liked this movie. The timeloop kept them safe. I thought it was a fun movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Swiss Army Man

Excellent double feature - two very different takes on an unconventional partnership surviving in the wilderness.

Wilderpeople was a solid watch, but Swiss Army Man has to be one of the most baffling, ridiculous and utterly satisfying movie watching experiences I've ever had. Totally unique and highly recommended.
That is the most perfect description of Swiss Army Man ive heard

Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Evil Dead

The Daughter (2015)
I.M.D.B.
The story follows a man who returns home to discover a long-buried family secret, and whose attempts to put things right threaten the lives of those he left home years before.

Eventually everyone becomes so incredibly unlikable it becomes tough to watch. Some good emotional scenes amid a torrent of frustrating character choices. Ewen Leslie does a great job in this movie, but ultimately the movie is frustrating and depressing.
6/10
Old 01-12-2017, 02:44 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

13 Eerie
Not bad. Not great, but not bad. I expected a lot of horror cliches, but it actually surprised me a lot by not following (most of) them. The setting was pretty cool, an abandoned penitentiary, although you wouldn't know by looking at it. A group of CSI in training are examining dead bodies for a final exam are target of some left behind zombies from some inhuman experiments gone wrong on prison inmates. Highlight for me was a female character that wasn't completely useless. I give it... 3.7 stars

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I liked this movie. The timeloop kept them safe. I thought it was a fun movie.
!!!SPOILER FOR MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN!!!

There was a lot about this movie I didn't like, but the main thing was Miss Peregrine and her ilk. A handful of invisible but easy to kill creatures want to kill the children. Their answer to protect the kids is to keep them reliving the same day, never aging or leaving the island, for over 70 years (and going). And if they do decide to leave, the years will catch up and they'll be old, so they're fucked. How is that a reasonable way to protect them? How is she not the villain of the tale? It baffled me.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Evil Dead

Tags
movie