Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Cranky

Both Raimi & Campbell have said there will not be an Evil Dead 4. I would think they would know.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I'd much rather there be a sequel then remake.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Evil Dead

I could deal with an Evil Dead 4, I guess. At least if they ruin it, it doesn't mar the original.
I agree that the original should not be touched. There is no way a re-make of the original will capture the feel and uniqueness Evil Dead brings.

Plus, Bruce Campbell as Ash is untouchable.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
I could deal with an Evil Dead 4, I guess. At least if they ruin it, it doesn't mar the original.
I agree that the original should not be touched. There is no way a re-make of the original will capture the feel and uniqueness Evil Dead brings.

Plus, Bruce Campbell as Ash is untouchable.
This is how Hollywood feels about classic, original movies.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah. Sad but true.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Undead Cavalier

Send a message via AIM to fiend_skull Send a message via MSN to fiend_skull
I heard that the remake was canceled a way ways back and then they wanted to work on Evil Dead 4, hmm weird

But I have to agree, remake = bad idea.

I love all three evil dead films and think a fourth one would be a fun idea.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend_skull View Post
I heard that the remake was canceled a way ways back and then they wanted to work on Evil Dead 4, hmm weird

But I have to agree, remake = bad idea.

I love all three evil dead films and think a fourth one would be a fun idea.
actually I never new there was an evil dead 3!Plus I agree that a remake would be bad because to me evil dead wasnt terrific,but it had its moments and if it is remade it will be crap considering all the other horror remakes like Friday the thirteenth the remake,it was all girl and boy publicity crap and no great kills and I really hope the Halloween remake is good otherwise new horror is going to turn to crap!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Evil Dead

You've never seen Army Of Darkness? Come on, everyone has seen that at some time. Not so much Evil Dead 3, but along those lines.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
You've never seen Army Of Darkness? Come on, everyone has seen that at some time. Not so much Evil Dead 3, but along those lines.
still no but thank you for telling me the specific title I might watch it!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Evil Dead

"Evil Dead" remake is official!

Official: Ghost House Pictures Remaking The Evil Dead
Source: Ghost House Pictures
July 13, 2011

Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell (who also starred in the original franchise) are gearing up to remake their cult sensation The Evil Dead through their long standing Ghost House Pictures partnership. Raimi and Tapert were such instant fans of Fede Alvarez's short film "Panic Attack" that they set up a blind deal with the filmmaker and through that process have attached Fede Alvarez to write and direct the film. Alvarez wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Academy Award-winning screenwriter Diablo Cody is currently doing revisions on the draft. Ghost House is committed to renewing the franchise and has the film on the fast track.

Raimi, Tapert and Campbell will serve as producers. Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce. Nicole Brown and J.R. Young will oversee the project for Ghost House. Lionsgate will handle international sales on the film.

The three producing partners commented, "We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the 'Evil Dead' series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."

Raimi wrote, directed and, along with Tapert and Campbell, produced the original horror classic The Evil Dead that tells the story of five twenty-something friends who become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. An archaeologist's tape recording reveals that the ancient text was discovered among the Khandarian ruins of a Sumerian civilization. Playing the taped incantations, the youths unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival. The Evil Dead spawned a franchise with the equally successful installments Evil Dead II and Army of Darknes

Read more: Official: Ghost House Pictures Remaking The Evil Dead - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz1S21n8B3k
Closed Thread

Tags
bruce campbell, evil dead, evil dead reboot, evil dead remake, sam raimi