Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2015, 01:39 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I cringe and hide my eyes when people slit their own wrists. Freaks me out.
One of the few things that really gets under my skin too.

-

Oculus
Interesting enough. Kept me entertained throughout it, but something about it bothers me and I can't put my finger on it. I didn't care for it in the long run, but I'm probably of a small minority of that aspect.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post

Oculus
Interesting enough. Kept me entertained throughout it, but something about it bothers me and I can't put my finger on it. I didn't care for it in the long run, but I'm probably of a small minority of that aspect.
It wasn't a good movie. Only part I enjoyed was Karen Gillan, but that's just depressing 'cause she's so lovely.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo;997692

-
[U
Oculus [/U]
Quote:
It wasn't a good movie. Only part I enjoyed was Karen Gillan, but that's just depressing 'cause she's so lovely.
I think my opinion falls closer to Roiffalo's on this one. I watched it and more or less enjoyed it, but I was left wondering what exactly was entertaining about it. Maybe I was in the perfect mood for a new movie and Oculus benefitted from that. I should give this a second look and try and determine what the hell kept me watching.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Evil Dead

Dead Girl 2008

Sigh. Yet another woman victim being abused sexually/physically. Throughout most of the movie she's meat. No personality, no name. If this was a rare movie I could appreciate the depravity and disgust it instills, but this shit is everywhere in movies.
The synopsis on shudder.com says, "...that turns the conventions of horror and coming-of-age movies - not to mention bad boy behavior and rape culture - on their heads."

Are you fucking kidding me? On its head? How the fuck is that?
SPOILERS:
Because she gets free and kills her captors? She was still raped repeatedly, beaten repeatedly, shot, and poked. This isn't rape culture turned on its head, its an example of it. Bad boy behavior? Its sadistic vile behavior.

Anyway, pass on this film.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Evil Sweat

Break Point (2014)
"Two estranged brothers reunite to make an improbable run at a grand slam tennis tournament."
Very average comedy with a better than average cast.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I think my opinion falls closer to Roiffalo's on this one. I watched it and more or less enjoyed it, but I was left wondering what exactly was entertaining about it. Maybe I was in the perfect mood for a new movie and Oculus benefitted from that. I should give this a second look and try and determine what the hell kept me watching.
Well this is a shock.

A friend of mine recommended this movie to me, and from what little review I've seen it people seem too really like it. Although Netflix has 3 stars for it so even they seem uncertain how good or bad it is. Either way I'm glad I wasn't the only one in my opinion. Maybe my taste in movies isn't that bad after all.

I think what kept me watching it was that the story was actually well told... Unlike Man of Steel where the flashbacks were confusing as fuck, stupid, and unnecessary. Oculus told what it needed too without wasted scenes or scares. Hence why I'm baffled I was disappointed by it. Maybe it was the same with 'Houses October Built' where I grew to like the characters and was disappointed by the ending because it didn't go well for them.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Evil Dead

It Follows....No so good....
Old 07-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Horror Fan

You guys do realize that Oculus is horrorcrux's second favorite movie of all time? Try to be respectful.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
You guys do realize that Oculus is horrorcrux's second favorite movie of all time? Try to be respectful.
No disrespect intended of course, Mike. Just personal opinion. I love the loathed 2010 Wolfman, so who would I be to criticize someone for one of their favorites.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I really don't care

Tags
movie