Old 07-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

I can't believe they showed this on

I mentioned the science fiction horror movie "Green Slime" a few days ago, but I certainly wasn't expecting to see it on tv, especially who showed it: Turner Classic Movies! I really don't think that the movie Green Slime can be regarded as a classic. Of course, often TCM is TOM, Turner Old Movies. Like the day they showed a marathon of Ronald Reagan movies.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I mentioned the science fiction horror movie "Green Slime" a few days ago, but I certainly wasn't expecting to see it on tv, especially who showed it: Turner Classic Movies! I really don't think that the movie Green Slime can be regarded as a classic. Of course, often TCM is TOM, Turner Old Movies. Like the day they showed a marathon of Ronald Reagan movies.
I remember one time when I was a kid they played "The Terror" starring Jack Nicholson which I don't believe is really a classic. I think you're right and that they just show a lot of old movies.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:44 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I remember one time when I was a kid they played "The Terror" starring Jack Nicholson which I don't believe is really a classic. I think you're right and that they just show a lot of old movies.
I would say it’s kind of a classic, only because Karloff and Nicholson are involved. The movie itself isn’t memorable. Or good.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I would say it’s kind of a classic, only because Karloff and Nicholson are involved. The movie itself isn’t memorable. Or good.
Just because two famous actors are in a movie that doesn't make it a classic. Like you said it wasn't a very memorable or good movie.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
Green Slime isn't a Classic. You know, unless Classic has no meaning anymore.

I had fun watching it both once as a kid, and once as an adult. Hmm, less see, the green slime creatures are symbols of communism, the atomic threat, national enemies in space, hippies, minorities or STDs. Wow, it's so deep.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Green Slime isn't a Classic. You know, unless Classic has no meaning anymore.

I had fun watching it both once as a kid, and once as an adult. Hmm, less see, the green slime creatures are symbols of communism, the atomic threat, national enemies in space, hippies, minorities or STDs. Wow, it's so deep.
LMAO! And don't forget those evil feminists invading the workplace. I mean who do those women think they are wanting the same equal rights as men!? They should all get back to their kitchens!
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
LMAO! And don't forget those evil feminists invading the workplace. I mean who do those women think they are wanting the same equal rights as men!? They should all get back to their kitchens!
Oh yeah, forgot about those kitty kats taking our jobs! Oh well, at least the powers at be were able to stagnate wages so that both parents have to work for a family to get by. Don't be envious.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about those kitty kats taking our jobs! Oh well, at least the powers at be were able to stagnate wages so that both parents have to work for a family to get by. Don't be envious.

And in my opinion I think that in order for a movie to be a true classic there has to be something about it that people like and remember many years later. Take Night of the Living Dead for example it managed to create an entire horror genre of it's own. Even bad movies can sometimes become classics like Mommie Dearest for example. Everybody knows it's the movie about a bipolar drunken Hollywood mother who beats her daughter with wire hangers.

I think that when a movie first comes out the only way to tell if it will be a true classic is to wait many years later and see if people still remember it or reference it. Even if a movie is technically good that doesn't necessarily mean it will become a classic. Also this rule applies to things like TV shows and books too.

Think of the billions of books that have been written for centuries that everyone has now forgotten about.