Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2010, 09:54 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
posher isn't gay. :p

I will have questions later to test your true gayness. >_>

Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
There neednt be an age requirement for knowing one's self. I'm sure you knew you were straight years before you were even my age.

And I look forward to these questions, still, probably better brush up on my knowledge of Musicals and interior design...

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
For Vendetta

I think our cultural upbringing has more to do with this than anything else. The Hindu religion and society teaches us morals which has made most of us devout straight people, and pretty faithful husbands/wives. You won't find many divorce cases in India, and neither will you find many gay people.

Maybe that is why we are a race of intensely devoted romantics, who hold their passions and promises in their highest esteems, more than anything else. Straight practical thinking is out of the window most of the time.

Rarely will you find an Indian who is gay, more so an Indian female who is gay. More rare will be any Indian who comes out in the open with that fact. Maybe those who were, hid that fact well in the years of Indian history so far. It is a very, very taboo subject. The modern influx of Western thinking, however, has been influential in this. We have had some people coming out in the past 5-6 years. But still, it is a pretty taboo subject.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Thank you guys. Nope, never had a girlfriend newb. It was an awkward conversation to have with the folks but I definitely feel better for it. :) Now posher isn't the only one! :eek:
My friend told her Dad that she was going to prom with a girl. Her dad's response: "... I gotta go check the mail."
Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Cranky

Talking Congrats slim, out and about u r

Quote:
There neednt be an age requirement for knowing one's self. I'm sure you knew you were straight years before you were even my age.

And I look forward to these questions, still, probably better brush up on my knowledge of Musicals and interior design...
Brush up on your knowledge of musicals and interior design:eek: I saw American Idiot recently, and loved it. Wish you the very best of course.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
But stay away from Godspell. Nobody's that gay.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
My friend told her Dad that she was going to prom with a girl. Her dad's response: "... I gotta go check the mail."
My dad didnt even say that much. He just got up and walked out, but he's alright now. Just needed some time to think.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I think our cultural upbringing has more to do with this than anything else. The Hindu religion and society teaches us morals which has made most of us devout straight people, and pretty faithful husbands/wives. You won't find many divorce cases in India, and neither will you find many gay people.

Maybe that is why we are a race of intensely devoted romantics, who hold their passions and promises in their highest esteems, more than anything else. Straight practical thinking is out of the window most of the time.

Rarely will you find an Indian who is gay, more so an Indian female who is gay. More rare will be any Indian who comes out in the open with that fact. Maybe those who were, hid that fact well in the years of Indian history so far. It is a very, very taboo subject. The modern influx of Western thinking, however, has been influential in this. We have had some people coming out in the past 5-6 years. But still, it is a pretty taboo subject.
You never know, though. You might have a lot of people suffering in silence, not knowing that the option existed. You would think though that a religion that believes in reincarnation and pays homage to both a masculine and feminine principle would be very accepting of homosexuality because the soul has had a multitude of different experiences and has a manifold nature.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

I think this issue is that certain social views of the times wherein these religions were founded, when people were less understanding, were blurred into the religion.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
No redeeming qualities

Quote:
Guess who just came out to his parents.
You've always struck me as being intelligent and mature beyond your years. Kudos to you for taking that step, and good luck.

Tags
quit obsessing