Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Wanna Join?

Spider-man: Brand New Day

Anyone reading the Brand New Day stories in Amazing Spider-man? I'm enjoying them myself but do not care the the rickety deal-with-the-devil framework supporting them. Anyone else have opinions on this?

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 PM
That fucking Guy...

I don't like it in all honesty...it seperates any real intereaction S-M will have with the rest of continuity.
The stories themselves have been alright, as has the additional character development (JJJ, Betsy...etc) and the new characters are "ok".
Anti venom...odd...I kind of always liked Brock as the "Bad guy/good guy".
I thought the special "Spiderman extra" with what happened to hammerhead was just awesome.

There's good and bad...but it seemed the book had taken a lot of very nice dark turns right before they hit us with BND...I was kind of really enjoying that.
I'm certain it'll get turned around though, or somehow integrated.
Throw ghost rider into the mix, and he'll know what's up...although something tells me Marvel is going to try very hard to stop this from happening for a while (Dr Strange gone and all...coincidental, eh?)
Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Throw ghost rider into the mix, and he'll know what's up...although something tells me Marvel is going to try very hard to stop this from happening for a while (Dr Strange gone and all...coincidental, eh?)
Haven't followed the exploits of Dr. Strange for a long time, didn't even know he was missing. Maybe something is getting ready to erupt. Hope it happens soon though, I weary of this deal with the devil crap (even though it hasn't been mentioned or alluded to for some time now --- it's still there, polluting the atmosfear.) :mad:

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 02-15-2009, 01:50 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
even though it hasn't been mentioned or alluded to for some time now --- it's still there, polluting the atmosfear.
Well, he's not meant to have known about it, right?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Well, he's not meant to have known about it, right?
Yeah, but that doesn't mean Marvel couldn't drop hints from another point of view than Spidey's if they wanted to. (They might have and I missed it.) What's to stop Mephisto from poking his head around the corner of a building or some such? If they're eventually going to bring BND to an end they're going to have to bring it up sometime, foreshadowing to spur conjecture, whether Spidey knows about it or not.

Last edited by sfear; 02-15-2009 at 07:39 PM.