Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Prelude95Si

I'm confused with your Amityville Horror remake of the remake, I personaly think that would be retarded to remake a remake. But I haven't seen the remake b/c I hated the original.
If you hated the original, you'd love the remake. Seriously, I'd check it out if I were you.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
If you hated the original, you'd love the remake. Seriously, I'd check it out if I were you.
I wanted to see the reamke, the trailer for the remake made me want to watch the original. However, after the original I hesatated. But I haven't had a chance to watch movies lately b/c I've starting hitting the Haunted Houses even though most of them are really lame. But closer to Halloween I'll check it out.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Evil Dead

I don't understand why everyone still bitches and complains about remakes. We all know they're coming, and if you don't like it then don't watch it. IMO sequels are much worse than remakes. Remakes do nothing to the orignal series, where as a bad sequel [which 95% of them are] can totally destroy the first.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
I don't understand why everyone still bitches and complains about remakes. We all know they're coming, and if you don't like it then don't watch it. IMO sequels are much worse than remakes. Remakes do nothing to the orignal series, where as a bad sequel [which 95% of them are] can totally destroy the first.
How do you figure?

As of now, when House of Wax, for example, is mentioned, 85% of people think of Paris Hilton and Chad Michael Murray. That's sad, considering that the true ingenious of the movie, portrayed by Vincent Price long ago, is barely known and almost lost. Most people don't even know that the 2005 release is a remake, for Christ's sake. And that's just one example, it goes for most of them.

So how do you figure a remake doesn't ruin a movie?
I strongly disagree. Strongly.

Last edited by alkytrio666; 10-13-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
new owner of hell

remake something else, leave the classics that "everybody" knows about alone wether there in color or not.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
How do you figure?

As of now, when House of Wax, for example, is mentioned, 85% of people think of Paris Hilton and Chad Michael Murray. That's sad, considering that the true ingenious of the movie, portrayed by Vincent Price long ago, is barely known and almost lost. Most people don't even know that the 2005 release is a remake, for Christ's sake. And that's just one example, it goes for most of them.

So how do you figure a remake doesn't ruin a movie?
I strongly disagree. Strongly.
If someone isn't aware that "House Of Wax 2005" is a remake in the first place, then how does that affect the original? Either way they never knew it existed. At least now someone such as yourself can say "hey, screw that shitty remake, go check out the original". Then maybe you've created a new fan. I don't get where you're coming from here.

As for the mass amount of remakes I, just like everyone else, am completely sick of them. But it's pointless everytime a new one is announced for a new thread to be made with 30 of the same ol' "omgz not another remake fuck hollywood!" replies.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:14 PM
new owner of hell

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
If someone isn't aware that "House Of Wax 2005" is a remake in the first place, then how does that affect the original? Either way they never knew it existed. At least now someone such as yourself can say "hey, screw that shitty remake, go check out the original". Then maybe you've created a new fan. I don't get where you're coming from here.

As for the mass amount of remakes I, just like everyone else, am completely sick of them. But it's pointless everytime a new one is announced for a new thread to be made with 30 of the same ol' "omgz not another remake fuck hollywood!" replies.
you got a point
Old 10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus
you got a point
I disagree.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM
new owner of hell

Quote:
I disagree.
well i think he/she is right. if the film is truly solid and or a cult hit, it will always be that way. they could make 1000 remakes of the NOTLD but the original would still be the masterpiece. and alot of the time true horror fans are the only ones that know about the originals.

i also agree that alot of remakes suck and hollywood sucks for making so damn many, but us bitching isnt gonna make them stop when they make millions off of each one.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Evil Dead

Exactly what I'm getting at. If you hated "TCM 2004" it shouldn't in any way suddenly make you hate the original. Please explain yourself, alkytrio.