Old 11-30-2021, 08:58 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Blood rage
Old 12-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Did you know this was written by Richard Matheson, who also wrote the stories for movies to be I Am Legend, The Incredible Shrinking Man, The Legend of Hell House, Somewhere in Time and A Stir of Echoes?
You betcha!...do like Me some Richard Matheson. Have read the books You mentioned and truly enjoy THE SHRINKING MAN and I AM LEGEND.

He also wrote some very good short stories , including "The Distributor", "Duel", "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and the excellent "The Test"

WILLARD-1971
Old 12-02-2021, 05:42 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

Schlock! is a comedy horror film from the early 1970s parodying the bad and corny schlock horror films! It is also one of John Landis's early films! It is about an ape running loose in the area that the locals believe to be a "banana monster," then a scientist discovers it is an animal, only to then believe it is the "missing link." This film is meant to be stupid and campy looking, but funny and it is fun and entertaining in that sort of over the top way. Fans of John Landis can look at this with those expectations, realizing it is also one of his earlier projects, and get a kick out of this one. Fans of "Killer Klowns From Outer Space," "Popcorn: The Movie," "Terror Vision," "Blood Diner," and the like should also get a kick out of this one as well.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:36 AM
Evil Dead

DELIVERANCE (1972)
Old 12-08-2021, 01:33 AM
Evil Dead

HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1971). More humorous than scary, still an enjoyable Amicus anthology about a Detective investigating an actor's disappearance and discovering his home has a rather unsavory past (Lovely home it is as well). As usual, cast makes it worthwhile with Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Denholm Elliot, Jon Pertwee (Dr Who himself and very funny) and Ingrid Pitt who looks absolutely smashing in here. A couple of good "Inside" jokes; ie, Chris reading a Tolkien book a few decades before the LOTR films and Jon Pertwee having a dig at another actor-in the same film!-and a rival studio. ***
Old 12-15-2021, 05:19 AM
This is a test

Silent night, Deadly night 1984

Good Santa horror.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Silent night, Deadly night 1984

Good Santa horror.
I've actually never seen Silent Night, Deadly Night 84 (SNDN). I see you liked it. I heard it's pretty unique.

I remember seeing ads on TV. I was just reading some of wiki on it, "Television advertisements, which aired between episodes of family-friendly series such as Three's Company and Little House on the Prairie, led to parents complaining that their children were terrified of Santa Claus." During Little House on the Prairie? That's really funny. I wonder why they chose that slot? Makes you wonder if they were trying to get a reaction that would lead to some free publicity? If so, it worked.

I suppose the execs who ran the ad during Little House probably should have considered if it was appropriate for the children who'd be watching the TV show.

LOL! Oh, did they just refer to Three's Company as "family-friendly"? What kid would watch 3 Co with their parents? Who wrote this?

There were some street protests and the producers pulled the ads and pulled the film from theatres after about a couple weeks, despite good sales.

During the 'At the Movies' film review Siskel and Ebert read the names of the companies, writers and producers and said they should be ashamed of themselves. Wow.

I guess the general idea was, "An editorial published in Variety stated: "Most protests were generated by the feeling that the depiction of a killer in a Santa Claus suit would traumatize children and undermine their traditional trust in Santa Claus." "Undermine their traditional trust in Santa Claus"? What does that mean? Trust Santa about what, not to kill them? "Trust in Santa"? What an odd thought.

My folks never told us there was a Santa Claus. They let us know the gifts were from them! I'm certain I never asked if he was real; but if I had they wouldve told me he wasnt. Personally, I dont think you should lie to your kids. I never found it offensive for depicting Santa as the 80s Santa is mythical, though there was a real St Nick.

There was a short window where I might have wanted to see SNDN. Cause of my age I wouldnt have been able to see it in the theatres (R), as I wouldnt have asked my folks to see this. The local theatre did allow my friends and I see some Restricted films, but my friends wouldnt haven gone for SNDN. By the time I could rent it, I think I had soured a bit on some of the 80s horror 'crudeness for crudeness sake' stuff, just wasnt my personal taste anymore. Course, I'm just making some assumptions about SNDN... I noticed every film is different.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-15-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:24 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I've actually never seen Silent Night, Deadly Night 84 (SNDN). I see you liked it. I heard it's pretty unique.

I remember seeing ads on TV. I was just reading some of wiki on it, "Television advertisements, which aired between episodes of family-friendly series such as Three's Company and Little House on the Prairie, led to parents complaining that their children were terrified of Santa Claus." During Little House on the Prairie? That's really funny. I wonder why they chose that slot? Makes you wonder if they were trying to get a reaction that would lead to some free publicity? If so, it worked.

I suppose the execs who ran the ad during Little House probably should have considered if it was appropriate for the children who'd be watching the TV show.

LOL! Oh, did they just refer to Three's Company as "family-friendly"? What kid would watch 3 Co with their parents? Who wrote this?
Its funny you say that. My 7 year old grandson likes watching the "Three's Company" reruns with my husband. He doesnt watch it but likes to have it as background noise while he plays.

Silent Night, Deadly Night part 2 1987

Really just a rip off of the first one.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:05 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Its funny you say that. My 7 year old grandson likes watching the "Three's Company" reruns with my husband. He doesnt watch it but likes to have it as background noise while he plays.

Silent Night, Deadly Night part 2 1987

Really just a rip off of the first one.
That's funny, I was around 7 when I started watching it. I was a Three's Company fan, loved John Ritter, Susanne Summer, Joyce DeWitt. Ive seen pretty much ever ep, except for probably the last 2 seasons. But I most definitely did not watch the show with my parents. Especially the early years were one sexual inuendo after another. But the actors were obviously loving people, it really came out. It's easy to see why a 7-yr-old would like the show.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:53 AM
Evil Dead

Alligator was the type of schlocky B-movie that manages to balance between hilarious and brilliant. A perfect fit for a film that fits the slew of Jaws knock-offs that popped up in the late seventies.

Robert Forster is great as the rogue cop with the troubled past. The love intrest scientist is as predictable and typical as you would expect. And the kills are as comedically over the top as one would hope.

Ps: Also funny to see a kid wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm a pepper". Reminded me of what sculpt posted about David Naughton.